part ten

"Gyeong, will you take me to school? After the lessons, there is a preparatory game for the team. will you attend? The parents of my group members are always there. Imagine how cool it would be if they saw you too. I still can't believe
you're living with us now." Another loud exclamation of agitated Minjae made even Taehyung, who was walking ahead of us, smile.

Although the cold-hearted father tried with all his might to show a different attitude toward his son, I could see more and more positive emotions in him.

"Minjae, I can't live with you yet. Do you remember? Soobin is still bad. She needs me." I lightly explained to my little friend and we finally left the house.

"You can use one of the cars from the garage and bring him there," Taehyung told me in a dingy voice and opened the door of the garage next to the house with the remote.

I didn't know how to drive a car. I knew I would never have the money for such luxuries, so learning to drive would be a waste of time for me.

"What are you waiting for, Gyeong? Minjae will be late. Do you want to create a problem on the first day?" Surprised by my inactivity, he raised his eyebrows and tried to get an answer from me.

" I don't have a driver's license." I immediately blurted out, embarrassed, as soon as Taehyung closed the door of his car and came back to me to find out the reason.

"Don't you even know how to drive You're twenty-eight, Gyeong, how can't you?"

"I haven't had such a life that I would care about such comfort, okay?" I rubbed my eyebrows, irritated by his claim, took Mibjae's hand, and moved
towards the door leading out of the garden.

My information was well-researched. I was sure he even knew how much I owed, but he still had similar complaints.

"Okay, sit down. I'll take you to the bus stop." Having given up arguing with me, he sighed unsatisfied, and got into the car.

It was probably a five-minute drive from Mr. Kim's house to the main highway, but I was willing to spend the extra time, but I didn't listen to proud Kim's unhelpful directions.

After leaving Minjae's father unattended and leaving the yard, his car soon caught up with us.

"Sit, Gyeong." Even without getting to know him closely, I realized that the manager of the company, Kim Taehyung, wasn't used to resistance. My protest easily gets on his nerves.

"Minjae." This time with a clenched jaw, he addressed his son, but he couldn't get his consent.

I was sure Minjae meant something to him. The fact that his son was putting
me before him made him want to take Minjae far away from me.

I liked it.

I was ready to play the role of a stubborn and rude woman, to awaken
dormant obligations and feelings in Taehyung only for Minjae.

"Gyeong, would you mind if my father takes us to the bus stop?"

I could still see Taehyung getting impatient out of the corner of his eye.

He was almost ready to snatch Minjae from my hand, forced him into the car and, without looking back, hid somewhere far away from me.

"If you want, we can go." Enjoyed seeing the puckers on his cheeks, I opened the back door of the car without hesitation, and together with Minjae, we got into the car of the great Kim as if the owner of the world-famous company was our driver.

"Minjae, you were talking about the game. Are you enrolled in the football
team at school?" Taehyung, focused on the road, finally won the dispute with himself and looked back at his son from the mirror.