Kept Awake

The rain was colliding violently with the car's windows. It was way past midnight and Hyunjin's insomnia still kept him awake.
He was watching the raindrops, while listening to soft lofi music and holding Minho's hand, who had already fallen asleep.

The group was divided in two cars; Minho, Hyunjin, Changbin and Seungmin were on this one and the rest on the other.

Even though everyone had been tired from their tour and the continuous traveling they were more than exited for their next album and world tour.

They had been informed by their agency the preparations would start in about two months as everyone needed some time off to regain their strength.
Felix, had some issues with his back again and Jisung was really anxious.
Jeongin had lost a lot of weight, which made him exhausted, the same thing happening to Minho.
While Changbin, Chan and Hyunjin were unable to sleep a wink.

The slow thoughts of Hyunjin were interrupted by a strong light blinding his eyes but before he would react a loud noise was heard and then everything turned black.

Minho was the first one to gain consciousness after the crash, Chan's voice too loud for his confused mind.

"Minho! Are you okay? How are the others?"

"What?"

"A truck smashed into your car. Your side thankfully is mostly untouched but I am worried about the left side of the vehicle. Are you able to look at the others?"

"Yes, I think so. Wait a minute."

Minho slowly and painfully looked around, the pain on his head never leaving. It must have been a few minutes later when he felt a cold hand against his own, quickly remembering he was asleep holding hands with Hyunjin before the crash. Hyunjin, with the way the car was twisted he couldn't even see him anymore. Before he could panic he looked for the others, Chanbgin and Seungmin who thankfully had just woken up equally confused as him were now talking with Chan, which left Minho with the mission to communicate with Hyunjin.

Turning his head a little bit more to the left, no matter the pain he felt, he could finally see Hyunjin's body.
His eyes were open, yet he had never seen them so distant, his skin colder and paler than ever before. Minhon knew, had Hyunjin been alive these symptoms were truly a bad sign.

"Minho?! Are even listening to me?"

"Chan... yes, sorry."

"How is Hyunjin? I can't reach him from the left window, he is exactly on the place of the impact. How is he holding up?"

"Chan... I don't even think he is alive."

"What are... what?"

"I have never seen him like that Chan, not even when... I truly believe he's gone."

"Have you checked for a pulse?"

"I don't think I can move anymore Chan, the pain is too much for me. But I can hold his hand, which is cold in a deadly way, his eyes are open, distant and frozen and- I can't see his chest moving, Chan."

"Minho, the ambulances are going to be there in a few minutes, do you think you can at least talk to him till then."

"Sure Chan... Hyunnie? Can you hear me? I really hope you are able to listen to my words... I hope you are alive, even though my logic says you are not. If you are still somehow holding on please keep on doing so... we need you still.
Alas, if you're already gone I want you to know that it's okay. I would love for you to stay but if it's too painful it is okay to let go, don't be afraid you'll be fine. I love you so much Hyunnie... you are the person I've been looking for my whole life and thank you for everything. You are so many things all at the same time...Hyunnie I'm sorry and I'm so grateful for you. Please, if you can hear me I just need you not to be afraid, don't be scared I am here, I am holding your hand and I love you so much."

Before Minho knew it the ambulance among with a firetruck and a police car were already there and he was being rescued and the moment he was being engulfed in darkness he heard the hopeful voice of the paramedics screaming: "we have a pulse!"

And Minho knew right then and there whatever would.come next, they would be able to face it together.

I was thinking about turning this into a series or maybe write another part... please let me know what would you prefer.