Giveaways are a sign (part 2)

When he opened his eyes his lungs felt like on fire and a smell of medical alcohol and chlorine filled his nostrils.

He lived.
He's alive and he couldn't have been more guilty.
Now everyone is going to hate him even more.
He promised he would have left them.
He promised he would stop causing a mess.

He failed.

He shouldn't have failed.
He should have died.
That could only mean one thing; next time he should not do it in the dorm.

"Hyun! Baby, you're awake. You're awake. Thank God. You're awake. You're here."

"You- you were dead- you scared us so much- you- don't do this again, please, please, please."

Guilt. Dread.
Hyunjin, he... he never thought Changbin could cry like that.
He never thought Minho would shed tears for him, that he could beg like this.

"You should have left me to die."
His choice of words was harsh but it was what he felt at the moment and he chose not to hide it and with how horribly traumatized his throat was the sound of his voice made it sound even worse.

"Please don't say that."

"Why? I'm useless either way. Me dying would mean I would finally be useful at something."

"Hyunjin, no-"

"I would rot and my body would-"

"Stop."

"Why do you care? Or maybe, do you really care?"

"Yes-"

"Of course, you do. It's okay. I'm okay. I'll be out of here and back on my feet in no time, I've promised to not cause any inconvenience-"

"What are you even talking about? You never-"

"But I do. I do, otherwise you wouldn't shout at me all the time, you wouldn't kick me out everytime I needed something, every time I had the courage to open up to you. You would invite me to for dinner, or for late night walks, talks, movies, whatever. Please leave, I want to sleep and my throat hurts like hell. "

"Wait I'll call for a doctor."

"No need to. I'm a lost cause."

Felix overheard the conversation and a part of him, the part that decided to show up at the hospital with flowers, a plushie and a bag with Hyunjin's favorite snacks, wish he hadn’t.

It was several hours later, night again when he decided to finally enter the private room.
Hyunjin was still sleeping and it was no surprise.
He left the thing he bought on the stand, took his shoes off and cuddled Hyunjin, deciding to not let him go for now, no matter what.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I was a bitch. I'm sorry, I should have thought about what I was doing, I should-"

"Hyujin, I love you. We are sorry we didn't acknowledge the way we behaved, the way that made you feel. We were aware of your struggles yet no one seemed to connect the dots. I'm sorry. I love you I'm sorry."

"Please don't let me go, never let me go. I'm scared if you do I... don't let me go."

"Never, we'll never let you go anymore. We have to reorganize your wardrobe once we're back home and go shopping, you've gotten so skinny nothing would fit you."

"I'm sorry."

"Shhh, just sleep. I'll be here when you wake up. I promise."

IVY:

I know it's short but I feel like it completes the first part, I might write a third part some other time. Who knows?