02 ━ HELPING HAND

DESTRUCTION.
( chapter two. )

Edited 12/26/2015 @5:31 PMEdited 08/10/2016 @10:26 AMEdited 12/04/2017 @1:48 AM

Edited 08/10/2016 @10:26 AM
Edited 12/04/2017 @1:48 AM

A NERVOUS EXPRESSION CROSSED Bucky's face. But, before he could turn away, Andrea reached out and enveloped him in a hug. She pulled him close to her, burying her head into his chest as her heart beat rapidly inside of her.

  She closed her eyes, holding on to him tightly as if he would disappear if she didn't. She refused to lose him again─ she couldn't. Not while he was right here, standing in front of her.

  But, Andy knew that she couldn't keep like this forever.

  So, with reluctance, she pulled away. Bucky's eyes were blank as he stared down at her and he did his best to remain unreadable. As if it would work against Andrea, who could see right through him.

They hadn't run into each other by pure coincidence. He had come here for a reason. Which meant that there was a part of Bucky that still trusted her.

  "I'm sorry, this was a mistake," He said, his words almost inaudible despite the short distance between them.

He stepped forwards as if to brush past Andy and walk away. Panic quickly swelled inside of her at the simple action. She knew that he wasn't ready to face his past just yet, but she couldn't let him go.

  It felt wrong to let him walk away. She knew it was selfish of her, but she wanted him to stay. She knew that he needed it just as much as— if not more than— she did. Not that it was possible.

Andy held her hands out, pushing against Bucky's chest with all the strength she had. Bucky stopped, freezing in place as she then clutched tightly onto his arm. She gripped the metal, keeping him in place long enough to let her speak.

  Andrea wasn't intimidated in the slightest as he turned to look at her, burning holes into her hand. Andy knew, he wouldn't hurt her.

"Why?" She questioned softly, back-stepping so that she could look up at his face. His expression remained blank and he avoided her eyes.

  He didn't respond for a while, refusing to answer until Andy put her hand gently against his cheek, guiding his gaze back to her.

"I didn't have anywhere else to go," he finally admitted, and pain cut straight through Andrea's chest. The tone of his voice was so hopeless that it seemed to leave every part of her aching.

  Her grip on his forearm loosened until she slowly lowered her hand into his. She didn't care in the slightest about the cool, metal feeling as she laced her fingers with Bucky's metal ones. This was comfort— it felt like home.