Chapter 2

Andrew Hudson/ Genevieve father POV

Leaving the house with my thoughts going crazy about the conversation I just had with my daughter. I understand the resentment she has with her mother, but some part of me hoped that the anger she had with her mother would go away, but being as Genevieve was very stubborn, I imagine she will continue to be angry for a long time. 

Heading into work I saw all my employees working very hard. It made me proud knowing that I can trust my employees to get their work done when I am not here, walking into my office I can't stop thinking about Genevieve every time I would see her. I saw her mother, they looked exactly alike, the only thing Genevieve got from me was the pitch black color of her hair, but from her eyes to the sound of her voice, Gen is the exact copy of her mother, even though she is exactly like her mother, I will always love her she is the reason I get up every day and go to work without her in my life I don't know who I would be. She has made me proud every day, wanting to follow in my footsteps, and doing what I do.

My thoughts were interrupted when my secretary Jack came in "Good morning boss I thought you were not going to come into work today considering it's Genevieve's birthday. How is she? By the way she hasn't come to the office for a couple weeks" 

Everyone in the company knew who Genevieve was. She would visit me sometimes they also knew that she was planning to take over in a couple of years. "She is good Jack thank you for asking. She's been very busy lately studying for her upcoming final exams." 

He smiled and replied "That's good I know she'll do good she is very smart. You must be proud and please on behalf of everyone in the office, wish her a happy birthday for us." Genevieve will be happy to know that people from the office support her as it is important for a CEO to have a good relationship with their employees. 

"I am and will forever be proud of Genevieve. I will also tell her you sent birthday wishes." I responded "Now what is in my schedule for today?" hopefully I won't have many meetings so that I can leave early for Gen. 

"You have two meetings today with potential business partners one in 10 minutes and the other in three hours both, unfortunately both are very important and cannot be missed." I let out a long sigh knowing I will probably be here until late. 

"Okay, let's get this over with."

No matter how hard I tried to concentrate on what was going on in the meeting. All my thoughts went to Gen's mother on this day 17 years ago Gen's mother packed everything up and walked out the door, leaving me alone with our one year-old daughter besides thinking about her leaving. I also thought about the day we met years ago and I was attending college.

 One night, my friends invited me to a bar that opened up. I went thinking that I was just gonna have some drinks and have some fun, not thinking about anything for the night as the night continued on my friends, had all disappeared slowly each talking or dancing with some girl. 

"Hey man I have some good news for you. There is this girl at the bar that says you're really cute you should go talk to her." He says wrapping his arm around me. 

"Wait really how do you know?" I said skeptically. 

"Because I was trying to get with her friend when she asked if you had came here with someone, when I said that you were single and looking, she told me to call you over, so come on let's go I promise you won't regret it she's really hot." I nodded. 

"Okay let's go, but if she turns out crazy and tries to kill me, I'll blame you." He starts laughing while we walk over to the bar. 

When we reach the bar, I see the most beautiful woman I have seen in my entire life. She was stunning. Her face had some innocence to it but at the same time it was stern, and the color of her eyes was the most perfect shade of purple.