Chapter - 19

He is going to be here soon. I mentally repeat these words in my head rethinking my entire existence. I'm a wreck since our last encounter, apparently, a week ago. I have overthought every possibility in human existence, only to end up with the same thoughts every single time. 

He is Rudi. Yes, Rudi. Why didn't I think of it? His name... ah I don't know his name. I mentally cursed myself for my foolishness. Stupidity has a limit, but just like she said I have crossed every limit that set a limit to this limit. 

And let's not forget the fact that he knew me. He knew me and but I didn't. He changed so much. Not only his appearance but his entire personality had an entire makeover. The Rudi I knew never flirted with girls. Had he grown up and become a perverted playboy or something?

Within a click of fingers, the doorbell rang. And it hit me again that I'm still in my nightwear standing on the bed with hair that looked like a stork's nest. 

Every curse traveling from my limited dictionary was not doing any justice to the situation. After a long pause, I bolted towards the washroom, and yes that person was never seen again.

Panic was not the right word to explain the feeling I was going through. It was a Heterogeneous Mix of my emotions. Today I knew how I could surpass the limits of my routine which was the only time I did not like to spoil and relax. 

But today, the excitement was erupting through me. I chose a comfortable outfit for the day. Even though the ac was on, my cheeks could not resist the heat that was building up in my body. 

Sticking my ear to the door of room, I heard Ma talking to someone, 'what if it is him?' 

Before I could collect my thoughts my door struck open with such a force that I was squashed between the wall and the door. And my foot, I believe legos would have been a better choice. I bit my lower lip and tried to control the pain which was bubbling.

"Roo you need to go to the office or have you forgotten about it?! Can't believe first it was school and now I need to wake you up for office as well! What will happen when you go to Sasural??" I could sense the anguish that was arising. So maybe he wasn't here. 

Ma could probably wouldn't scream before her " hone wala damad" ps that is according to her and not me. Relieving all possibilities, I screamed at the top of my voice. Yes adults feel pain, I'm a kid, It is hurting too much, so I will scream.

She finally looked behind the door and saw me scrunched at the corner. But either I'm too delusional or is it reality that I saw him standing behind Ma looking at me with a vexed expression. 

I am too delusional ain't I? I wanted this to be a huge nightmare. Yes a nightmare. "Roo" I heard him whisper, which was of course towards me. I was mumbling weird things, because my brain right now was rotating at a 360 degree rollar coaster. 

"Roo kya hua beta? aap yaha kya kar rahi hai?" But all I could see was him. Abruptly I threw my head down, while I could feel his intense gaze on me.

'Chulu bhaar paani mein main dubna chahti thi!' that was all that I could hear and see through this mist memory brain walk.

"Ma aaj sunday hai" I finally spoke. "I know that but why are you telling me this?" she asked me.

"You were asking me to go to office, today is sunday, no office." I spoke with a poker face on. They both looked at me, and then each other and started laughing. What was so funny about it? I couldn't help but look at him.

His dimples, he looked pretty. He looked at me back and I could feel the same heat arising in my cheeks. I think I blushed, and he saw me blushing. 

Roo 'poker face on maregi tuh varna' I reminded myself. 

"Achha Achha ab chaliye Rudi got something for you." Rudi...

WHAT THE FUDGE HOW DOES MY MOTHER KNOW ABOUT RUDI? DID I BLABBER EVERYTHING OUT INFRONT OF HER OR WHATTT??? 

I looked at him yet again, to find him already staring at me. We both looked away. His expression, I couldn't read it. 

He got something for me? Well he should for not telling me truthfully who he was. 

"Are you fine Roohi?" He asked me. Why wasn't he calling me pooh or Roo? Even though I hated those names I wanted him to call me that. 

"Fine, Rudi" I met his gaze. We were playing hide n seek with our eyes, I see. I wasn't sure where was this boldness arising from.

I'm not sure but I believe Ma could sense something between us. " I think both of you should talk, Usha ko mujhe bula rahi hein." From nowhere Usha aunty was calling her. 

She left us, and we just stared at each other. As if time had stopped, it was calm as if standing near the bed of the sea, the coast.

"Soo..." he continued.

Tata da~