Backstage 3

A year has passed since. Haru is the top idol for a reason, she knows more than me.

It's like everyone forgot me, I still try my best to stay as an idol here, but I wonder if it's worth it.

I caught this idol, Rinka, with her boyfriend. If she doesn't go, I won't be able to stay as an idol.

I see Haru in the hallway, she looks at me with a smile on her face, it just makes me want to punch her.

My mother is here today, she's probably here because of my bad performances.

"Mother"

"Kiyuki, you need to do better, do you have a problem?"

"Yes, Mother, I do."

"Then stop having this problem." Why did I imagine she would have cared for me?

"Yes mother."

"You need to have better results by any way possible. Understood?"

"Yes mother."

"You need to be the best idol for me. Think about what I couldn't do."

"Yes mother."

"I'll go now, and don't forget to do your best for tomorrow."

"Yes mother." After my mother go, I see Rinka behind me

"Fuyuko?" I don't know what I'm doing anymore, what would Emiko do?

"I'm tired Rinka. Let's go grab a coffee."

She was nice enough to follow me, I did bad things to her.

"Don't you feel tired to be an idol sometimes?" I don't know why I said that to her.

"Weren't you the one that blackmailed me to stay as an idol."

I did, not only to her, but to a lot of peoples.

"I know, it's what bad person do. But being a good person doesn't do anything, you can't strive in the industry without using low blow."

"It's true but think about all the persons we help."

Help? We help peoples? I only see peoples wanting to use us.

"They don't care about us, they just want Mion and Kiyuki. Not Rinka and Fuyuko."

"You're not gonna give up now, will you?"

Give up? It's not a bad idea, I could go see Emiko again.

"I might, maybe tomorrow will be my last day as an idol. You can forget about the picture, I deleted it. I didn't want to ruin your life anyway."

I just wanted to be above Haru, that's stupid now that I think about it.

"Are you okay with stopping being an idol?"

"I wanted to be a guitarist, not a doll for people to enjoy. Tomorrow will be the last day anyway, I'll show them the best performance and then disappear like snow in spring."

I forgot about my guitar, as I reminisce about it, I feel a slap on my face. Like Haru did but this time it wasn't for bad reason, she wants me to wake up

"Don't say that! It's hard for me too, you know?"

I know it is, It's for all of us here, Emiko, Rinka and even Haru too.

"Then give up, too."

"I won't give up, I'll still do songs. But not as an idol! I'll launch my own career tomorrow, far from the idol's world."