04

Hyunjin, naturally, finds the entire thing hilarious, and is still howling with laughter when Heejin eventually shows up to their lunch plans twenty minutes after they agreed to meet.

"Hey, sorry I'm late, I—" Heejin pauses, staring at Hyunjin who appears to be struggling for breath. "Is she okay?"

"Yunjin-unnie slept with her new employee," Hyunjin wheezes out before Yunjin can even open her mouth.

"Hyunjin, that's not— "

"What, the one that you said started yesterday?" Heejin asks, somehow managing to sound both impressed and disappointed at the same time. "That was quick."

Yunjin rehashes the entire mortifying story of hey remember that hot blonde one night stand from just after Christmas that you demanded every detail of, turns out she's like Jiwoo's best friend and now she's my new employee! Hyunjin laughs again, and Heejin gives her the most pitying look she's ever seen while simultaneously clearly struggling to not join in on her girlfriend's amusement.

Yunjin groans, strongly considering the urge to flag down their waiter and ask for a double shot of their strongest whiskey to pour into her cola. "This is horrible. What the hell do I do? How am I supposed to work with her?"

Hyunjin and Heejin exchange less than two seconds of eye contact in which they appear to have an entire silent conversation. Yunjin almost resents them for it. They've been together for literal years, they're perfect together, they don't have to deal with unprecedented disasters like one time flings turning up to your workplace and saying hi boss!

"What do you mean?" Heejin asks. "You don't do anything. You just act normal—"

"A hard task, we know, but we have faith in you, unnie."

"And you just treat her the same way you would any of your other employees."

"So pretend you don't know what she looks like naked."

"You're both adults, and I'm sure you can both be professional even if I doubt your ability to not be awkward for a while, so just pretend it never happened."

"And don't like, fuck her again, or anything."

"I'm not gonna fuck her again," Yunjin says, just as their waiter pops up. He graciously pretends he did not hear Yunjin, takes their drink and food orders, and once he leaves Yunjin groans and lets her head fall into her hands. "I hate you two."

"Literally what part of any of that was bad advice?" Hyunjin huffs.

"Don't take your bad mood out on us just because you fucked your employee," Heejin says.

One of them reaches out and pats Yunjin on the head mockingly. She just lets it happen.

Yunjin and Chaewon are both scheduled for Saturday evening, and there's no way that it'll be easy, that they'll smoothly roll over that whole night just like that and become normal, ordinary coworkers. It would be great if they could, but Yunjin just can't see it happening.

I'm sure you can both be professional.

Personally, Yunjin thinks Heejin may be overestimating her.