10

It happens again.

On Wednesday, they close together and leave together, walking to the subway and Yunjin tells Chaewon about meeting Sooyoung when they were roommates in freshman year, and then Haseul when all three of them worked at the same shitty dive bar in sophomore year, and then Kahei a year or so later, after Haseul and Sooyoung had both dropped out of college and were both working at a pretentious cocktail bar in Mapo, and then, six months or so after Eden first opening, hiring Kyungri to take care of all the admin work so the four of them didn't stretch themselves too thin.

And again.

On Sunday, they close together and leave together, walking to the subway and Chaewon tells Yunjin about her love for photography, how it had initially been sparked by Jiwoo cajoling her into joining their high school's photography club simply because Jiwoo had a crush on some senior in it, and while Jiwoo came away from it with a new girlfriend, Chaewon came away with a newfound passion.

And again.

On Monday, they close together and leave together and stop at a late night diner that does all day breakfast instead of walking directly to the subway after Chaewon complains about being hungry, and they talk over stacks of pancakes and milkshakes, about school and friends and family and exes.

(When Yunjin looks back on it later, this is probably when it happens, when she stops holding herself behind that line she swore never to cross and lets herself fall.)

It keeps happening, and each time it happens, the unfamiliar feeling that keeps bubbling up in Yunjin's chest every time Chaewon smiles at her or laughs or calls her Yunjinie — a heartstopping new development — in a fond affectionate tone that makes Yunjin's chest ache, it gets closer and closer to overflowing.