Chapter 77 - What Ending (3)

I opened my eyes to the sunlight shining through the room and blinked my eyes at the brilliant sunlight that completely illuminated the room. The sunlight disturbed my sleep, but it wasn't too bad.

Soft emotions rose up.

Tired of crying, I fell asleep and gently pressed my swollen eyes with my hand before wiping my face roughly with the wet towel lying next to me. Enjoying the coolness of the wet towel, I put it on my eyes and opened my mouth when there was a knock on the door.

When I got up and sat down right away, the wet towel fell from my eyes.

"Come in."

Acacia opened the door and came in. He greeted me in a friendly voice.

"Are you awake?"

I gave no answer and just responded with a smile.

I woke up when Acacia said that breakfast was ready while chatting with him and moved to the dining area. There, I greeted Lepis and had breakfast together while chatting with Derhan. Unbelievably, it was the beginning of a terribly peaceful day that made me wonder if it was a dream.

If only Rewan were here, it would be perfect.

After eating, they busily moved again. They were busy enough to frantically run around the mansion with papers.

As I stared blankly at them and moved into the room, I opened the window and felt the cool breeze blowing.

Even though he was busy, I ate the cookies that Lepis brought for me. Drinking hot tea, I glanced out the window. It was peaceful. It was the mildest day I've ever had. If I felt a little lacking, it was probably because I didn't have Rewan by my side right now.

I tapped the desk with my finger and hummed.

I was looking forward to the day I would meet Rewan.

Acacia came in with a knock. He was looking a little tired. He opened his mouth to say something, but he closed it again. I stared blankly at the open window. He slowly approached the window and put his hand on the window.

Acacia's low sighs came. He turned around to look me in the eyes and said.

"I'm not forcing you, but I think you'd better keep the windows closed today."

It was a small sigh mixed with words.

"Why?"

Acacia smiled bitterly.

"It's going to be, a bit, noisy."

Some time passed after that, and the sun was setting.

The mansion without people was quiet and desolate. He and I are left in the spacious mansion. There were only two of us left. It was quiet. And as if the peacefulness I had felt until now was all a dream, fire soared in front of my eyes with a thunderous roar.

It was going to be noisy...

The imperial castle, visible through the closed window, was burning with fierce flames. The fire devours everything greedily, leaving no trace. I watched the Imperial Palace and watched it disappear into a handful of ash, enveloped in acrid smoke.

The Imperial Castle, which seemed to have eternal glory, collapsed. It was disappearing without a trace.

Unknowingly, I got close to the window and spread my palms over the window. There was no way the flames could touch me, but the touch of the glass in my palm felt hot.

"Why didn't you go?"

I asked him.

"...It has nothing to do with me."