Chapter Two: The Scorpion

"Y—you are Dylan?" I hope that what I am assuming is correct, or otherwise I'll be screwed.

The corners of his lips curve up with perfect teeth. His eyes start inspecting me from head to toe. Then he raises one of his eyebrows and smiles, "Well, if it was not me right now, then who would be someone there named Dylan who shows up here in a single bar?"

I smile at him, "So it's you."

"What's your name?" Dylan asks.

Alright, Dylan. My name is Sop— What?

My name?

My name?!

I thought he would call me by my first name since he knew me a lot, and we even called each other by our names through texting.

Why asking me about my name, though?

If Dylan had called me by my name in a second, he probably would have recognized me, right? 

He is probably not Dylan, someone I was looking for.

You are now gaining a new trust issue, Sophie.

"Me?"

"Yeah. What's yours?"

"Dylan . . . you don't know my name?" God, my voice is so awkward.

He probably starts to notice that I am very awkward and unpleasant because I am known for being one of the world's most awkward people. And then he'll leave me all alone at a bar quickly.

Get rid of that thought, Sophie. "Dylan, I thought you probably knew me since—"

My sentence gets cut off when Dylan points out, "There are so many girls here at the bar, but I was looking for someone I was looking forward to meeting. And then I eventually found you, but I'm just wanting to make sure if it's really you. So may I ask you a simple question?" He still locks his eyes with mine.

A smile slowly appears on his face, "What's your name?"

His voice is so gentle, yet it is something I find unfamiliar. And he's just wanting to make sure it's really me. 

C'mon, Dylan. Yeah, it's me. 

I let out a sigh of relief, smiling, "It's me. I am Sophie."

"Sophie. Sounds like the name of a lovely princess. Probably my new princess."

My cheeks blush like a complete tomato. But I need to get rid of being an ugly tomato, so I giggle at him while covering my mouth with one of my hands to prevent being a tomato. "So since we met right away, what are we going to do today?"

Dylan chuckling with another smile at that sentence I spoke makes me blush even more. 

Can't he just be gentle with me for a while? Save your hot charm for later.

Women sometimes blush whenever men or others try to show their charm. What is really wrong with women's weird hormones?

Dylan lets his hand go through the front pocket of his dark denim pants as he breaks his glance from me to people inside the bar dancing behind us, "Sophie. I have another question."

"Hmm?"

He looks me back in the eyes and lets out a little exhale, "May you join the date with me today?"

A date with Dylan? The real one?

I never thought he would answer like that. I knew he would say something like, "Celine forced me to go on a date with you because she knew I have been single and I have been liking you for a while because she told me, 'You only live once, so do it right away.' I know her idea sounds very weird or idiotic to me, but because why not?" or something like that.