Chapter One: Set Up a Date

As a single, independent woman (by independent, I mean a stressed senior high school student with a messy hair bun and black eye bags, and it's even painful to say that I'm not independent—and that is so depressing), have you ever wondered that one of the worst cons of love is that you feel like you don't meet something you fully expected or fulfilled to meet the definition of true love after doing this?

Was what you tried to devote all of your hard work and efforts to in order to receive the best definition of true love a total mistake?

This night is completely humiliating and embarrassing . . . well, you could tell. I wish there was a time machine so that I could go back to that night and fix this whole terrible situation.

I wish that goddamned guy would not exist in my life. 

Especially after one of my classmates suggested I go on that stupid date with him.

•   •   •

A few days ago, Celine, my classmate, told me that there was a friend of hers who liked me and wanted me to go on a date with him.

Well, maybe because I'm either attractive or have a bright personality. Or perhaps because she knows that I'm single? Well, that's a little offensive.

However, I had never accepted any dates with guys my friends kept recommending, so I said a simple word to her: no. But she insisted that he had been liking me for a few months after seeing me in person for the first time at an outdoor activity with my classmates and some alumni . . . and falling in love with me at first sight.

It was like love at first sight.

That was what she told me.

She even said his name was Dylan. These letters are so hot—not my business. I didn't know if it was too cheesy and weird, but I accepted her offer anyway because, why not?

I had never seen his face because I voluntarily accepted Celine's date offer without having second thoughts. Maybe it was because he had been waiting for me for so long— no.

Maybe it was because I just wanted to already have a true boyfriend— no.

It's been a year since the last time I had a boyfriend. And that whole year slowly recovered my heart, which had been stabbed by the ones I loved.

And maybe that's because I was looking for a new love who was willing to help puzzle over the broken pieces of my heart.

That was when I realized that was the reason why I had accepted her offer.

So I'm trying to give it a chance . . . the last chance.

But if anything goes wrong again,

I will never do what I have done again.

I felt so excited because I assumed he was Chinese based on his name, or was what I thought not accurate just because I watched Chinese dramas so much?

I wondered what the features of his face and the parts of his body would look like.

What things he loved.

And what he felt for me could be the same way a true prince feels for somebody he loves.

Since Celine offered me to go on a date with Dylan, I had been thinking about this, so I gave her a condition: this date should be friendly only; no physical touches or anything a couple does.

I know that this may be stupid, but I thought that this could be a small help to recover my broken love life that has been aching me so much.

However, the one thing that made me feel like I shouldn't have gone on a date with someone I didn't know was . . . a question.