Chapter 1 : Gold Rush

The air was suffocating. Stifling and nauseating for Mix as the atmosphere filled with thousands of pheromones intermingling, full of rich Alphas trying to make a good impression towards Omegas or anyone who gave a fuck, or Betas that wanted to show that they can be as good as the alphas.

Back then, society was not as flexible as now. Nowadays, all secondary genders can mingle with each other, having a big peaceful community but in the old times, Alphas were dubbed the best secondary gender, being dominant and powerful , Beta was nothing special, only a servant instead of a master but the worst of all was being an Omega. None of them were in the same social standing and none of them can be said equal.

It was worse being an Omega, Omega was the breeding machine, only used to produce Alpha babies as only them have a good chance to bear Alpha child without any complications towards the babies. Even though it is true that Alpha-Alpha couples can produce Alpha children but Alpha babies that were produced by Alpha-Omega couples are usually more favorable.

However, due to the lack of Omega in the current world, they are considered precious. As Omegas used to be killed and not to mention their health are usually poor, so it is not weird that the population of Omegas are declining. Nowadays, being an Omega is equal to being fragile and in need of protection thus by 'marrying' them, their partners are seen as great protectors and amazing lovers. The fact they also only get heat when they truly feel safe with their mate thus it is a further evidence that mating an Omega can boost someone's status as a good lover.

Unfortunately, Mix Sahaphap fell under the 'precious' category. His attitude is not soft per se, sure he acted childish and cutesy so he for sure does not fall under the class of Beta or Alpha and it is undeniable that his face is more Omega-like, with delicate features and his body is just soft curves, there is no point in trying to fool anyone. But being called 'precious' and 'fragile'? He would jump off a building.

The good thing is Omega is not treated how it used to despite them being the less common sub-gender. Being in this class does not mean you have to be an obedient spouse or children-bearer anymore. Nowadays, being an Omega is mostly no different than being other sub-genders.

Today, Mix is hating life at what supposed to be charity event for rich people who are trying to 'socialize' and expand their connection but really it was just an excuse for these rich people to show off their wealth. These kind of events are where people will flaunt and try to find their mate but for some, it is a place find a one night stand. Of course it is a formal event, but it's also not a crime to fuck around and have fun.

Don't get him wrong, he loves social events as much as a normal extroverted introvert person can be but he never wants to socialize with anyone in order to get into someone's pants.

"Are you even enjoying yourself right now? I saw you already rejected three people trying to get to know you," a voice suddenly came from his right side which startled him a little bit. Mix turned to face the owner of the voice and found one of the most attractive man he ever met is talking to him.

"To be fair, I am just here to shut my mom's mouth,"

The handsome stranger hummed in reply, "Well I guess I am not the only one with the same problem,"

"Forced by your mother?"

"Nah, forced by my older sister. She was the organizer of this event,"

Mix nodded in agreement. What can he say? Most of his older brothers are here too so being forced by someone to attend this shithole is like universal at this point.