Chapter 4: Cornelia Street

Almost two weeks had passed since his last to Mix, which was regarding the publicizing of their said 'relationship' on Instagram to shut the netizens' mouth and to avoid further speculations affecting them. After that? Radio silence from the both sides.

Nothing changed after he went to Mix's family house. Everything was the same except there were some continous reminder from many people that the icy workaholic gentleman was in a relationship.

But Mix and Earth were just a couple in status. No one tried to check up with one another, actually, it almost felt like they went back to being strangers again

It did not worry Earth though. He's sure if Mix died, the world would went abuzz and the family would hunt him alive if he ditched Mix's body somewhere.

So instead of filling up his brain with whether Mix was still alive, there was more pressing matter in his hand.

He had noticed that his cat, Aspen refused to touch his food no matter what it was. It started a few days ago and Earth tried giving kibbles, wet food or even cat-treats to make his baby eat but all the effort was wasteful. His fur baby became more lethargic as more day passed by. At first Earth thought that maybe the cat was just feeling spoiled and wanted the owner's attention as Earth had been busy that week but when he noticed a pile of wet substance on his polished marble floor, he knew he needed to go to the vet that instance.

He cursed his mansion now. Regretting that he made his house so big that it made finding his cat more difficult. He tried to call Aspen's name a few times but to no avail, his cat still didn't show up.

He tried to calm down, to take a deep breath and sort out his thoughts. All he needed to do was to find his cat and bring him to the hospital and he would be okay.

By the time he found Aspen, his fur baby was already unconcious and he just knew that it was not his usual sleepinh form.

Calming down can wait, he felt like he would throw up if he did not keep on with the frantic momentum that he had.

When Earth scopped his baby into his arms, the little feline could only let out a whimper and breathed shallowly. Even if the cat was still alert of his surrounding, he can barely respond to any stimuli.

As he secured his baby's carrier in the car seat, he could only hope that he would arrive in time and that his cat can survive.

....

Mix was on his night shift, doing some paperworks at the hospital's counter when a man barged into the hospital.

At first he wanted to ignore it because the standard procedure was the receptionist was the one that will check the situation first before a vet but he just remembered that it was probably 3 o'clock in the morning and the last receptionist clocked out at 8 p.m.

Gone was his calmness and replaced the professionality that he had trained for years. However, he was still shocked when he saw the man who entered the premise.

"Earth? What happened?" he asked, albeit stupidly. Obviously the man was seeking help for an animal.,

"My cat. I don't know what happened but he suddenly collapsed and I don't know what to do," Earth replied. From his eyes Mix knew that the man felt so lost and panicked. The carrier in his hands was handed to Mix which he took it gently.

Mix put the carrier onto the counter in order for him to check the cat's airway, heartbeat and even the breath intake. From what he felt, the blood circulation of the cat was funky and wrong. However he was pretty optimistic with the fact that the cat was still concious. Though barely.

"Can I know why you bring him here? Symptoms that he had at home?"

Earth's brain short-circuited for a little bit. He really had a hard time thinking right now.