The Red Glow of the Fire

'Wha- what's going on?!' Bella struggled hard against the ropes across her body. 

'You were left' Victoria stated. The red glow of her eyes shone like a bright fire in the dark room. 'You were abandoned Bella. I found you alone, unguarded, unprotected.' Her fire grew closer, boring into Bella. 

'No! That's not true!' Bella's eyes prickled. She shut them tight to try to stop the threatening tears. 'It can't be true...' she croaked, sorrow coursing through her body. It couldn't be true, she thought. But the image of Jacob and Edward's intertwined hands flashed before her eyes. She thought of her blank phone, her hundreds of messages and calls and the unanswered trips to the Cullen's. 

'They wouldn't do that' Bella said hoarsely, her eyes glued to her knees.

'But they did Bella' Victoria said, behind her now. 'It was easy.'

'You have me now!' Bella said desperately, her cheeks wet. 'Just do what you want with me and leave Edward alone.'

Victoria's eyes returned to look into Bella's. 'Edward?' she inquired. 'After all he's done, you still think of him first. Still trying to protect him?' She paused, leaving the air thick. 'Bella, I could protect you so much better then they ever could.' 

'What?' Confusion flooded Bella's expression. 

'The Cullens are incapable.' She spoke. 'The Volturi are nearing the peak of their hundred year hunt for them. They will do anything to get at them and you are an easy target.'

'Just like how I was an easy target for you?' Bella stammered. 

'Yes, Bella' Victoria said unwavering. 'It is Edward's fault, all of the Cullen's fault that you are such an easy target. I would do what Edward would not do.' 

Bella froze. 'You would... change me?' she whispered. 'No!' she looked back down to her legs. 'You are just doing this to get at Edward. I will never let you do this to hurt him!'

'Hurt him like he's hurt you? She questioned. 'Let me help you.' Victoria crouched down to her level, speaking quietly. 'I know what it's like to be helpless. To be hunted, to be betrayed, to be scared. I can make you strong.' 

Bella searched her eyes, her breath racking her chest. 'No, I won't' Bella muttered.

'Okay.' Victoria responded. She walked behind Bella, her steps creaked the floorboards as she approached Bella's chair. Bella instinctually started thrashing with the little energy she had until she felt the ropes go slack until they fell to her feet. Bella whipped around to look for Victoria's next move. Victoria stood like stone looking down at her before retreating deeper into the room.

'I am going to get food for you. I won't be gone long.' A large wooden door creaked as she left and a waft of chilled air rolled over Bella. 

Like a deer in headlights, Bella only sat there staring at the closed door. 

Then she jolted, rushing for the door herself and yanking it open. Freezing wind pushed against Bella as she pulled herself out of the small house. Tall trees towered over her and her feet sank into iced snow. She clung to her light clothes. The forest spun around her, she had no idea where she was, let alone where to go. I can't stay here she thought. But there's no way I could make it to a town in this weather. 

Shivering, aching and heartbroken, Bella left the small house and drowned deeper into the thick wood.

Notes:

Yo cant believe im still writing this after 6 years. Im finally dropping the first person narrator because idk what kinda shit my 13 year old self was on to decide to write in first person.