Chapter 3

2 Days Later

I opened my eyes groggily. I've obviously been asleep for days, yet I feel so...content. I reached to stretch my arms but I couldn't move. There was an arm seemingly shackled to my chest. And that smell...

I turned and came face to face with a man. I wanted to scream. Why am I so comfortable in this stranger's arms? I snuggled into him momentarily before I came to my senses and shoved him off the bed. He stood up with a dazed expression.

¨WHO ARE YOU? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? WHERE ARE MY PARENTS?¨ I screamed. His green eyes flashed gold. ¨My name is Talen LYONS, that's pretty much all you need to know about me at 2 in the morning. I'm your lucky mate!¨ he spoke the words sourly as if it hurt him to say it.

¨I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!¨ I replied, because I couldn't think of anything else to say. Honestly his eyes had me so mesmerized that I didn't care who he was.

He growled at me. I growled back, or really, imitated his growl because I've never growled before. He suddenly broke out into a grin and crossed his arms over his chest. As he did this his muscles flexed, and I stared.

He stepped closer and spoke into my ear. ¨Are you sure I'm not your mate? There's no mark here to show it, but for some reason I think you know that you're mine,¨ he whispered, running his hand down my bare collarbone. I'm visibly trembling. My reaction to him is embarrassing.

He pulled me back onto the bed and into his chest. ¨I still want to know where my parents are,¨ I said, my words muffled by his shirt.

¨I'm sorry, what was that?¨ he questioned obnoxiously, pushing my face further into his chest. I tried to repeat my words, to no avail.

¨I thought so. Be quiet and go to sleep, babe,¨he laughed, closing his eyes.

  I groaned in frustration. I couldn't even move. What world does he live in that makes him think he can act like this? I felt tears stinging my eyes. I tried to hold them back, but a tear fell down my cheek and on to his shirt.

¨Oh for God's sake, what the hell is wrong with you?¨ he groaned.

¨I want to know what happened,¨ I said.

¨In the middle of the night? You've only been awake 10 minutes and you're already pissing me off.

¨Did I shift?¨ I questioned him eagerly. He heaved a sigh, recognizing the hopefulness in my gaze.

¨Yes, you did but it nearly killed you. So needless to say, you're never doing that again,¨he stated resolutely.

I frowned, exasperated. I finally shift and it was such a traumatic experience that I don't even remember it. I'm a terrible werewolf.

¨Go to sleep and stop thinking, honey,¨ he said sarcastically.

¨I don't like your tone,¨ I whispered, rolling away from him.

He slapped my ass and I jumped, scooting to the edge of the bed.

  He yanked me back into his chest in one quick movement.

"Just know that this little attitude of yours is not going to fly in the morning. "

I wriggled in his grip for a few moments but he would not budge. I gave up and drifted off to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to shouting. In the morning light,  I could see that I was in my bedroom.  My mysterious mate was nowhere to be found, but I could hear that one of the voices outside belonged to him.

"Son, you are in control of this relationship,  even more so because she can't protect herself! Get in there and pack her stuff!  We're leaving in a couple hours," I heard a voice that could only belong to Alpha Lyons. I scoffed at the idea of him. I can tell I'm not going to like this guy. 

I lie down on the bed and stare up at the ceiling. The longer I lie here the angrier I get. Alpha Theo and mysterious mate are still arguing outside, but I've heard enough. Where the hell are my parents? I lock the door. I should probably change into some more presentable clothes if I'm going to be meeting someone as important as Alpha Lyons.

    As I rummaged through my closet, the door knob began to wiggle. ¨Rita! Open this damn door!¨ I heard Talen yell, banging on the door.

I rolled my eyes and kept quiet, pulling a black tank top to put on.¨If you try and leave through that window, you will regret it!¨ he snarled. I laughed. Man, this guy is really not the sharpest tool in the drawer if he thinks I would try and jump out of a window more than 2 feet off the ground.

¨Open The fucking door!¨ he started to bang more furiously. I slipped on some high- waisted shorts and I swear I was about to open the door, but he busted through before I could move.

When he saw my lack of concern about the situation, he gave me a murderous look. "Wow," I said, trying not to laugh. He was not amused.

  "If we were at home right now, you'd be facing serious consequences for that," he spoke seriously. I rolled my eyes. In what world?

He saw this and if possible, his anger increased tenfold. "I don't think you understand how this is going to work," he tried to keep his voice calm, slamming the door closed to give us privacy.

He sat down on the bed and pulled me into his lap. I started to wriggle, then thought better of it. I have to admit it felt nice to be in his arms.

  "You don't have a mark on your neck, but you are still mine. We communicate with each other. I am your mate, and also your Alpha, so life will not be easy if you disobey me-¨

I cut him off. ¨If I don't like what you tell me to do I am not going to do it.¨

He glared at me, and I glared back. "I think you'll be a bit more accommodating when we're off your territory, and you only have me to depend on," he said, grabbing my chin so I was forced to look at him."If you roll your eyes one more time I swear we will leave right now and you won't get to see your parents."

I narrowed my eyes at him. He's bluffing, but I have a feeling the real consequences will be worst than his threat if I defy him. Instead I placed my hand on his cheek, and he tensed, obviously not expecting this random affection but enjoying it all the same.

This is what is nice and what sucks about having a mate. They can be complete assholes but you still won't be able to live without them. We lied down on the bed and I ran my hand through his hair. He closed his eyes. I could tell his wolf was content.

"Talen, I don't want to leave today," I whined and his eyes shot open.

"Too bad,"he replied simply. I stopped stroking his hair.

"But my family is here, my friends are here, and what will I do about school? You don't really think I'm going to be a housewife all my life do you?" I ranted. He ignored me and ran his hand down my thigh.

  "I'm only 20 years old-¨he cut me off with a quick kiss on the lips. I stared at him incredulously, recovering from that assault on my senses. Even a kiss as quick as that sent sparks through my body.

He laughed as if my reaction was the funniest thing in the world and got out of the bed.  ¨What, was that your first kiss?¨

¨Yes!¨ I threw a pillow at his back. ¨Why wouldn't it be?¨

He continued to laugh. ¨This mate situation keeps getting better and better¨

  It's normal for werewolves to wait until they meet their mates, so he's just being a jerk right now.

"Don't leave this room until your bags are packed and you've changed into something more presentable. My pack is not like yours. They don't want to see their future Luna dressed like a commoner. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go talk to your parents," he said, smirking as he left the room.

Asshole.