A word from the author.

Thank you for reading "Deeper inside out"! I hope you liked it.

I wrote this novel between July and August of the year 2019 while I accompanied my father at the Intensive Care Unit. He fought cancer with a smile until the last day. In the long hours in the corridors of the clinic, I suddenly thought that Disney and Pixar prepare children for death, but not for the disease process.

Suddenly I thought of writing something about it, as a shield against sadness, as a tribute to my dad. I have already published 12 children's and youth novels, but this one was special. It was cathartic, sincere and emotional.

I tried to send it to Pixar. I wrote to Peter Docter, Ronnie del Carmen, and the entire Brain Trust at Pixar. I even tried to reach the Argentinean who works there, Tucumanian. But there is a very strict policy of not receiving unsolicited material that made it impossible for me to sending it (a policy that I respect). I insisted for four years, but no one answered me. All I wanted was to give them the manuscript. From the first day I told them that I did not want a single cent for the work, that I only wanted to honor the memory of my father. The problem was that, given that policy, they had to ask me for the material.

I have enormous gratitude and admiration towards Pixar. I have shared beautiful moments with my two children with their beautiful films and giving them my manuscript was my way of thanking them for having shaped my boys' dreams for so many years.

Two people had the humanity to write back to me, Josh Cooley and Erica Milsom, who told me that they were sorry for what had happened to my father, but that they had no way of receiving the material. It was nice that they took the time to answer me.

I kept insisting until at D23 they announced that they would start making the second part of Inside Out. Obtuse like few others, I insisted again, it was my last chance. I messaged Peter Docter and author Meg LeFauve, but I did not have any feedback. Finally, Pixar's bureaucratic impediments had got the best of me.

Having exhausted all the instances and tired of having been ignored for four years, I tried to publish it through the Disney publishing house, which sometimes publishes peripheral stories to the films they release, but they told me that they could not receive my material.

Almost resigned to the fact that this story would die in a drawer without finding readers, I remembered Wattpad. And I decided to put it online for you guys to read this story.

I hope that the second part of Inside Out is beautiful, like everything Pixar does, and without a doubt I will be in the movie theater as any fan. I hope they surprise me, that they amaze me. I would have wanted to contribute even a scene, an idea, or a character, but hey, not all dreams can come true.

The most important is to never give up.

Thanks for your reading!

Guillermo Tangelson