6

Ryan's P.O.V

Dragging my little suitcase behind me as I walked towards the doors where Leon told me he'd be picking me up I sighed. I had to remember to brace myself for the cold I would be experiencing in a moment.

Leon- Where are you? What's the door number.

Me- let me walk outside and look

Leon- ok

Walking outside I didn't even need to text Leon. I could see his range rover right in front of me. Thank god.

"wow, what luck" I grumbled after tossing my suitcase into the back seat.

"what?"

"that you were right outside the door I was at?"

"oh yeah yeah. That's lucky" Leon sounded less then enthused.

"what's up bro?"

"mom and dad got in yesterday and they're already pestering me about where you've been"

"oh well did you tell them I was with Lexi last night? I texted you about that, so you could tell them?"

A big sigh came from my brother. That meant he looked at the text and then forgot. Silly Leon.

The rest of the ride was quiet on the way home. I was stressed about seeing our parents, I didn't even know why. Probably because i'm the worst liar on the face of the earth and they'll catch on that i'm not living with Leon.

•••

"Ryan what have you been up to?" My mom asked me when we sat down for dinner.

"What do you mean?"

"for school, life? do you have a boyfriend"

I could feel my hands go clammy for a minute. Regaining my composure I smiled.

"i'm heading to school in the fall, I just applied to uh the University here. and life is good, Leon is good at looking after me, and not really a boyfriend" I shovelled some chicken in my mouth so I could shut up.

My mom eyed my suspiciously and my dad laughed a little. 

"Ry, what university are you going to? You know there's plenty here. i've done my researched" my dad spoke.

Looking over at Leon quick he interjected.

"she's at Grant Macewan. It's just a couple blocks from the rink i'm playing at!" Leon looked at me.

"that's right, and i'm looking into management and hospitality"

Looking at my parents they seemed to buy me and Leon's nonsense. It's stressful making up things on the spot but I know if I told them the truth they would combust.

I couldn't tell them that they sent their only daughter to live with her older brother and he let her run off to a completely different city with her boyfriend. No way!

"What's there to do around here?" My mom asked.

"you guys are coming to watch me next week and then we can find things to do in between" Leon spoke again.

"sounds good, I was reading about your team Leon looks like you guys are in playoffs again this season" dad looked at him.

"uh yup we are, it's an exciting time of the season. We love February"

Feeling my phone buzzing in my hoodie pocket I pulled it out quietly and looked at it. Mitch.

"Something important?" my mom directed her question to me.