Chapter 1

Victoria's P.O.V

"Finally" I thought as I sat down in a compartment with my two best friends Lily Evans and Jade Hawthorne. "So how was both of your summers" Jade asks. "It was okay I spent most of my summer with my sister" I said. "I spent my summer hanging out with Sev and trying to avoid my sister" said Lily all three of us laughing at that. Just as we were about to continue our conversation when the compartment door swung open, and there stood James Potter one of the four marauders. "Hello love" said James. "Hello Potter, may I ask what you need" I said. 

"Just wanted to check in on the love of my life" said James as I cringed at the sentence. "If you are here to ask me out you should save your breath" I said, James sighed and I almost felt bad but then remembered all the times he has pestered me so I quickly forgot about feeling bad. After a moment James finally left, "Is it bad that I kind of feel bad for him, I mean what if he really likes me and I'm just being a jerk". I said "Well have you ever tried talking to him about it" said Jade. "I want to but I'm not too sure that I want to share what happened with Gabriel, I know he won't judge me but" "but you are nervous that he will see you vulnerable" said Lily "Yea" I said.

"Don't worry about it maybe you can get to know him before you decide if you like him or not, or if you want to be friends with him". said Jade "That's actually a really good idea, anyway I'm going to go change into my robes" I said. As I was walking back to the compartment I ran into James. "Hey can I talk to you for a second, please" said James "Fine but it has to be quick we are almost at the castle" I said. "Look I'm sorry for bothering you these past 4 years I just wanted to let you know" said James. "James are you okay you seem down" he looks down "My uh my grandparents died this summer and I'm not really in the mood to asking you out, no offence. said James. I laugh slightly "None taken and if you need anything come to me okay I know what it's like to lose someone close to you" I said. James looked at me with a shock yet sad look, he was shocked that you were even telling him. "I am so sorry" he started to say "It's okay you didn't know. 

"If you don't mind me asking who did you loose" asked James. "I lost my little sister to this muggle decease called cancer she died 2 weeks into my first year she was 7" I said. "That's horrible" he said "Yea and I didn't look after myself when she died so promise me that no matter how sad you are you will take care of yourself" "I promise" said James "Good, looks like we are here i'll see you at the feast" I said "Sure" he replied. I left the compartment and sighed I really did feel bad he is not as arrogant as he portrays himself to be. "Hey where did you go we were concerned for a bit" said Lily "I ran into James-" "You called him James" said Jade "Did I- anyway he apologized for asking me out and I found out his grandparents died this summer and I felt really bad for him I mean I know what it's like to lose someone close to you" I said 

 ⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

After the feast was over Lily, Jade and I made our way over to the Gryffindor common room so we can relax after eating to much at dinner. Once we got into the common room we saw our other roommates Alice, Marlene, and Mary. "Hey guys" said Alice "hi" I said "wow you guys look great right now" Marlene said sarcastically to me, Lily and Jade. "We ate too much" said Lily "I think I might explode" I exclaim dramatically from where I was laying down on the couch. The girls all laugh at my words when we hear arguing outside the common room. Once we make to the portrait we see that the marauders had run into Regulus Black, "Reg your my brother" said Sirius "No you stopped being my brother the day you walked out" said Regulus. "If that's what you want then you are dead to me, you disgust me", the words that came out of Sirius' mouth shocked all who had heard the argument. After Regulus heard those words he ran off, "What the hell Sirius that's your brother" I said. Without wasting a second I ran after Regulus to make sure he was okay. 

"Regulus it's me Victoria" "What's up" he said wiping his face to hide the tears. "You don't need to hide the tears from me what he said was wrong and you didn't deserve any of that" I said to him "Do you mean that" he said hopeful look on his face "I do mean that" I replied with full honesty. "Look I know that we don't know each other but I'm here for you okay so do not be shy I mean it" "Alright, thanks Victoria" "Call me Tori" "Good night Tori" "Good night Reg". Once I reach my dorm room I see that the girls have fell asleep so I change into some shorts and a t-shirt and get into bed, hoping that Regulus will be okay before I drift off to sleep. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 943 

Regulus and Victoria will become really good friends in this book and Sirius and Regulus' relationship will become better throughout the book. 

~ Victoria