Chapter 5

Victoria's P.O.V

It has been 2 days since I have said yes to James and I am currently panicking about what to wear as the date is tomorrow. "Guys what do I wear, it needs to be perfect, ugh" I say while anxiously pacing in the dorm. "V calm down James is not going to care what you are wearing he is just happy to be going on a date with you" said Lily. "Yea finally only took 4 years" Jade said with happiness but sarcasm in her voice. After hearing that I glared at her while Lily laughed. 

Finally after what felt like hours picking an outfit I was able to relax. I wanted to get my outfit ready tonight so there would be no stress tomorrow, and thank merlin for that. My sister was so happy to hear that I had finally said yes to James and promised she would help me get ready tomorrow. I was kinda nervous and excited about tomorrow. I know that James told me he would never hurt me the thought of my last relationship came to mind and that just got me more nervous. Eventually Lily pulled me out of my thoughts by announcing that we needed to go down for dinner. 

After getting dragged down the stairs by Jade we made it to the great hall when my sister had the idea to sit with the marauders since James and I were "almost dating". She makes it seem like I had said yes to marrying him. "Come on girls let's sit with Tori's boyfriend and his friends." said Elizabeth, to which I responded with "he is not my boyfriend". "Maybe not yet. but with the blush on your cheeks you want to be his boyfriend." said Marlene coming out of nowhere with Mary and Alice who also laughed at my blushing state. 

I blushed even more and muttered "whatever" under my breath. We made it to where the marauders were sitting and I immediately sat down next to James, saying hello and offering a smile before greeting the other three boys. "I hope you know what you have done Tori, James has not stopped smiling since you said yes." said Sirius. 

James P.O.V

I could not sleep last night at all I was so happy that she said yes to me. A million thoughts went through my head, many scenarios about how our date would go. I hope she loves it and I don't mess my chance with her. My thoughts were cut off when my alarm went off, that alarm being Remus. He had told me to take a nap before dinner as I had gotten no sleep last night. After getting jumped on by Sirius we made our way down to the great hall for dinner. When we entered I let my eyes roam around the hall for Tori but I could not fin her or her friends, they must be late. 

The four of us sat down and started putting lots of food on our plates. I was about to start eating when the girls came in and sat down with us. Tori sat down right beside me saying hello and smiling at me while she did so then turning to greet my fiends. I smiled and looked at her with so much love, but that smile and look was gone when Sirius decide to embarrass me. "I hope you know what you have done Tori, James has not stopped smiling since you said yes." I put my head in my hands and looked down but Tori laughed and grabbed my arm. "If it makes you feel better James, Tor has been a smiley mess as well." said Elizabeth. Now it was Tori's turn to blush. 

"Oh shut up both of you" Tori said and with a bit more teasing we continued having dinner and laughing about stupid random things. Now that the others were distracted Tori asked me how I was and if the gash still hurt? "I'm fine love, no need to worry" I said to her with a small smile "well too bad I'm going to keep worrying and there is nothing you can do to stop me." she said my small smile turned into a bright big smile that made her smile too. A while after dinner we all head up to the common room except Tori who goes to her dorm. "Is she okay, she just went to her dorm without saying a word." I said. "I don't think she feels well James" said Lily. "I'm going to go check on her." I make my way towards the stairs looking around quickly changing into my animagus form to go up the stairs. Once I get to her door I knock but nothing, I knock again same things, this time i open the door as I let my worries take over. 

When I enter the dorm I find Tori putting this thing on her arm, it kind of looks like a sticker. She sees me through the reflection of the mirror and turns around and looks me in the eye. "uh hey James" she laughs awkwardly "what are you doing here" "checking on you" I replied my tone soft. Questions start coming into my head and I want to ask but also want to give her privacy. She looks at me like she can hear my thoughts. "Its diabetes, the patch on my arm is called a continuous glucose monitor, it helps keep track of my glucose levels. I got it in third year at first I was ashamed of it but this year I want to not care but its hard" she said after hearing her say this I do not waste a second and bring her into a long hug. "You are so strong" I pull away from the hug to look at her and tell her "never be ashamed of who you are, got it" She smiles and replies with ok. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Tori has diabetes and of course James is there for her no Regulus this chapter but there will be more of him next chapter. 

~ Victoria

Words: 1026