Chapter 3 - the zombie man

I have no idea why there's a huge gap between paragraphs. I tried to fix them but it keeps coming back like that. Hope y'all don't mind :0

---

Through the quiet night (God knows if it's actually night) in space, a soft Rubberband Man was playing in the background. Peter was singing loudly, as if he didn't have a care in the world. His head bobbed side to side, his grin kept on widening like a fool.  His body moved according to the ryhtm. His hand moved quite a lot.

"Sing it, Drax!" he passed the song. But, at the time, Drax was out. His snores were mixed with the tune.

(Y/N) was also dancing to the rythm. I mean, who can resist the Rubberband Man, right? Plus, she couldn't help herself from doing so. She has always found herself dancing due to any melody, including hums.

(Y/N) peeked at Gamora who was sitting under you to your left. She was also getting into the tune, mouthing the words without missing any. (Y/N) felt herself smiling. She felt happy because Gamora had gotten incredibly comfortable around the new family. Not only that, even though it took ages, (Y/N) and Gamora has finally became close, like real sisters. It started out bad, but Gamora has finally cozied up to her and she's so happy about it.

Then, Rocket who was sitting beside her, yawned. She glanced at him, smiling before focusing again to continue fly the flight. "Tired?" she asked.

Rocket rubbed his eyes before answering. "No, bored. Why are we doing this again?" he questioned.

"It's a distress signal, Rocket. Someone could be dying," Gamora informed firmly.  Rocket has been repeating the question twice now.

"I get that, but why are we doing it?" Rocket boredly questioned again. His claws scratched his fur gently.

Peter who was under (Y/N) answered. "'Cause we're nice," he simply put. But, he also made an innocent face which you knew he always do nowadays.

"And?" Peter's sister pressured, raising an eyebrow.

Peter pursed his lips, his shoulders rising. "And, maybe whoever it is will give us a little cheddar cheese for our effort," he told shamelessly.

"Peter," (Y/N) used a firm tone.

"Which isn't the point," Gamora chimed.

"Which isn't the point," Peter repeated, pointing at his lover. He paused for a moment before continuing. "I mean, if he doesn't pony up..."

"We take his ship," Draw suddenly arose from his slumber.

"Exactly," Rocket cheered. "All right."

"B- B- B- Bingo!" Peter cheered next.

(Y/N) chuckled. "Drax, not you, too. C'mon, dudes. Think about it. Maybe we can gain another crew in this ship, make a bigger family. Who knows?" she informed.

Rocket gagged. "(Y/N), I love you, but goddamn that was a horrible idea," he groaned.

She shrugged. "I'm just saying," she said. "And, if  it didn't work out, the position for cleaners are always open, anyways."