Chapter 4 - the separation

So, I just thought of a massive plot twist, and there will be a few changes in the book (as in I will delete the first chapter of this book). That's all :)

Plus, I draw. So, commission me if you want. It probably will boost me to write, even ;)

---

(Y/N) bit down on her nail, eyes lowered to the ground as she kept on listening to what Gamora needs to say. Her heart dropped to her stomach at the name she never wanted to hear from anyone's lips. Her eyes strained from her growing stress. She thought she could escape the man, but of course she couldn't; one of his daughters is her best friend, for God sake. She just didn't expect the time to come sooner. He was hunting her and it scared her to death.

"The entire time I knew Thanos, he only ever had one goal," Gamora began. "To bring balance to the universe by wiping ou half of all life. He used to kill people planet by planet, massacre by massacre."

"Including my own," Drax added.

"If he gets all 6 Infinity Stones, he can do it with the snap of his fingers like this," Gamora demonstrated by snapping her fingers.

(Y/N)'s breaths hitched. She could feel her fingers shaking from the information. The fact that she knew Thanos have the highest level of insanity to pull that off was such a huge possibility. She used to listen to his nonsense, but when she heard from someone else's mouth, it felt surreal.

Thor who was sipping down his warm soup spoke. "You seem to know a great deal about Thanos," he said, eyes gazing at the boots.

"Gamora... is the daughter of Thanos," Drax introduced. His hands landed on his belt.

That information made the God looked up. Upon the look, Gamora cowered her eyes by looking down in shame. Her teeth gritted.

"Your father killed my brother," Thor's voice sounded firm. Gamora continued to look down.

Thor raised from his seat with his bowl still in his grip. His height easily towering everyone in sight. His footsteps sounded heavy as he approached Gamora with an unknown expression. Peter immediately backed Gamora up.

"Stepfather, technically. And, she hates him as much as you do," Peter said, hoping it would ease the man.

"She hasn't been in his control for years now. It's all because she stayed with us," (Y/N) interfered next.

Thor simply gave her a glance. (Y/N) quickly silenced herself. Her hand reached for Rocket's. Rocket gave his hand willingly as he continued to watch the scene unfold.

Then, Thor loosened and gave Gamora as gentle squeeze on her shoulder. "Families can be tough. Before my father died, he told me that I had a half-sister that he imprisoned in Hel. And, then she returned home and stabbed me in the eye. So, I had to kill her," Thor explained. "That's life, though, isn't it, I guess. Goes round and round and... I feel your pain," he finished.

Peter quickly got jealous and decided to part the two by telling his history with Ego. (Y/N) rolled her eyes at her brother's pathetic action. At the end of her brother's story, Thor changed the subject, seemingly uninterested of Peter's story.

"I need a hammer, not a spoon," Thor mumbled, putting the spon back in the bowl. Thor walked away and moved to the pod chamber. "How do I open this thing? Is there some sort of, uh... " Thor leaneddown at the keypad. "A four-digit code, maybe? Maybe a birthdate," he guessed incorrectly. He pushed all of the incorrect passwords, making it beeped a couple times.