Chapter 4

[Zhongli's POV]

The lights of Liyue like a thousand stars as I looked down from the Jade Chamber. It's been a while since I last went on this thing. Ahh~ This night will be a pleasant one...

Opposite me was Childe who was eating a bowl of ramen noodles ravenously... with a fork. Honestly, that should be considered illegal. I still don't understand how he still doesn't know how to use chopsticks.

"You'll never learn the ways of the chopstick, will you?" I murmured, quietly sipping my cup of osmanthus wine.

"As long az ish goood!" said Childe, talking with his mouth full as he wolfed the ramen down, causing a slight mess. Disgusting.

I just laughed as I lifted the cup to sip again.

Suddenly, I heard a tinkle of bell sounding Its way towards us. I turned to see a blue-haired girl with curved horns. She had a panicky expression on her face.

"Mr Zhongli, I have urgent news," she stammered.

"Urgent?" I asked. "What is it, Ganyu?"

There was a moment of hesitation before she spoke.

"It's-it's about X-Xiao, he's gone missing," she said quickly. "Last seen on the rooftops of the harbour."

I froze. Xiao, no how? What?!

Childe's eyes widened at the name. He slowly got up from his seat, consuming the last noodle strand.

He said quickly, "I think I should lea-..."

"No stay."

I turned to Ganyu again.

"How long has it been when you first discovered he was missing?"

Ganyu gulped, "2 days..."

Fury began to swell within me.

"2days?!! Why didn't you report to me sooner?" I hissed.

"I-I'm sorry, I-"

I stood up.

"There's no time to lose. We must find him."

Childe was shaking uncontrollably now. He was terrified of Xiao.

This may not be a pleasant night but there will always be hope of changing that.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Dark clouds covered the pale moon as we left our table.

The cup of wine,... now cold...