Chapter 5

[no-one's POV]

It was a sunny day in Mondstradt as the birds sang sweetly in the sky. The jolly music that filled the air. Many people walked around the city spreading joyous smiles to all.

The Angels' Share was awfully quiet, even though there were many people swarming in and out. Diluc glanced at the door to the barrel of wine. Something is missing...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A young girl in pigtails skipped around the giant statue of their beloved archon; Barbatos. She sang as she did so. She's always dreamed of being a pop-star idol. The girl raised her head, sheltering her eyes from the sun. The statue's hands were empty. Usually, she would always see someone sitting in those hands... a feeling of worry began to build up in her.

Someone is missing...

"Barbara!~" called a voice from behind.

Barbara spun around.

"Big sister!"she squealed as she rushed over to hug her sister.

Jean looked down seeing her sister hugging so tightly... Is she ok?

"Barbara? Is everything alright?" she questioned.

She lifted her head up, her eyes were wide with worry.

"Y-You know that bard?" she stuttered. "Well, I always thought he had some sort of connection to Lord Barbatos..."

"You mean Venti? But why do you ask? He's just a bard after all." Jean murmured.

"That bard has gone missing. No one has seen him around the city for the past few days nor has he been sighted anywhere else. Amber told me that too."

She remembered the time when she first discovered that Venti was their worshipped Barbatos.

Jean froze. Realising what was happening.

Have they just lost their Archon?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Author's note: im going to take a smol break. Dw will continue...]