𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚.

─☼☼☼─

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙊𝙏𝙏𝙀 𝙒𝘼𝙎 𝙂𝙊𝙄𝙉𝙂 lose her fucking mind if she didn't get away from him.

Her eyes were ablaze, locked on the girl she once considered her best friend as she all but threw herself at Charlotte's boyfriend.

Kensington Lewis never learned her lesson, that much was clear.

"Yo, Carrera!" Caden Koffer called from the other end of the beer pong table. "Are you going, or what?"

It was like deja vu. Playing beer pong with Cade again, drunk out of her mind. You'd have thought that Charlotte would have known better by now.

"You okay, Char?" Willa Connors wondered, her voice soft as she regarded her friend. Her demeanour was a lot different now than it had been thirty minutes ago when she saw Charlotte for the first time since her return to the Outer Banks. Then, there had been a lot of screaming and jumping around. But now, Willa wore a furrowed brow expression as she watched Charlotte carefully.

Reaching into one of the cups to retrieve the ball, Charlotte gave Willa a firm smile. "Absolutely great."

Rafe was watching her from across the party, doing his best to ignore the constant advances from Kensington. One would think that he'd have simply just joined Charlotte at the beer pong table, but no. He was dead-set on making her jealous it seemed.

Two can play that game, Rafe.

"Let's switch partners." Charlotte suggested, eyes travelling toward the other side of the table. "Cade, you're with me."

A grin flashed across Caden's face as he all but ran to Charlotte's side of the table. Willa gave Charlotte a quick glare before sulking to the other side of the table where Spencer Davis was waiting for her. He quirked his brows, prompting Willa to roll her eyes with a shudder.

Fanning her face with her hands, Charlotte let out a disgruntled sigh. "God, it's so hot out here." She muttered, shoving the ball into Cade's hand before pulling her tank top over her head.

Cade's face paled as his eyes flickered toward where Rafe was. It was clear his mind was flashing back to that night Rafe had beat him to a pulp over his unwanted advances at Charlotte. "What the hell are you doing?"

Charlotte tried to hide the grin on her face when she noticed the way Rafe's jaw had tensed, his dark eyes locked on her. "Relax, Cade." She breathed. "It's a bathing suit top."

She knew what she was doing right now was completely immature and borderline unstable, but she was too drunk -- and too high -- to care.

"He's gonna kill me, Charlotte." Caden muttered, his nervous eyes once again flickering between Rafe and Charlotte. "Like, literally."

Reclaiming the ping pong ball from Cade's hands, Charlotte turned back to the game in front of them. "He won't cause a scene at his own house." She dismissed. She wasn't even sure if she believed that herself, but she was going to pretend she did.

Caden let out a deep exhale, shaking his head before joining Charlotte. "If he kills me, you will be charged as accessory to murder."