7

Jace, Clary, and Ethan walked through the door and entered a cave. Clary and Jace walked side by side, while Ethan followed behind. Jace took out a witchlight, illuminating the cave. "What's that?" Ethan asked.

"It's a witchlight," Jace replied. "We carry it to remind ourselves that light can be found even in the darkest of places." Jace handed the witchlight to Clary. As they continued walking, they noticed a statue holding a cup in its hand. "Is that meant to be the Mortal Cup?" Clary asked.

"Yes," Jace confirmed.

"What does that say on the sword?" Ethan Asked. "It's the Shadowhunter creed: 'Looking better in black than the windows of our enemies.' My Latin's a bit rusty, but I'm almost positive that's not what it says," Clary remarked.

"For Shadowhunters, the descent into hell is easy," Jace explained. "That should be a postcard," Ethan commented. They all walked towards where the sword was pointing, leading them into a tunnel.

"I'm sorry about what I said about your mom. I didn't know," Clary apologized.

"It's cute you assume I have feelings. I don't. Save the apologies for the mundane," Jace retorted.

"What the hell are they talking about?" Ethan thought. "Everyone has a sad song. Mine is that my mother died when I was a baby, and my father died when I was ten," Jace revealed.

"I'm so sorry... wait, is he buried here?" Clary asked.

"No, Circle members are considered traitors. They forfeit their right to be buried here," Jace explained. "Your dad was in the Circle, too?"

"My father tried to do the right thing and leave the Circle, and it cost him his life," Jace replied. " "That's why you're all doing this, why help us," Ethan said.

Jace turned around and faced Ethan. "Valentine and his people need to pay. I'm going to make them pay," Jace says. Clary took Jace's hands. "For, um... what it's worth, I'm still sorry," Clary said.

"No more I'm sorry's'," Jace replied. "You're a Shadowhunter now." Jace walked away, and Clary and Ethan followed him. They walked to the end of the tunnel and looked around. Skulls were scattered everywhere, and in the center, there was a drawing.

"I've seen this before, but I don't know what it means," Ethan said.

"It means 'clairvoyance'," Jace said, looking at Ethan. The room began to light up, and they heard a voice. "Shadowhunter," someone called out, appearing in front of them. "Come into the circle."

Ethan and Clary stepped into the circle. "Step away, Jace Wayland," the figure commanded. "The search of your unconscious is a perilous one."

"Please Our memories were blocked. We have to get them back."

"If you are not strong enough, the Soul-Sword will kill you," the figure warned.

"We're ready," Ethan Said