Chapter 8

Matthew's POV
I kept quiet and didn't dare move a muscle. Soon I heard a door closed And I didn't hear the persons anymore, I guess he's not in this room. Still Im not about to take the chance and check wether he is or not.

A few seconds later I heard the door open and close again. I listened to the foot steps as they started growing fainter. I hope whoever it was was is gone now. I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding. Right now my legs are shaking so bad I had to crawl to the window seal to pick myself up.

For a second I thought saw the siluett of someone among the trees. Huh I wonder if they were the ones in the house? or is my mind just playing tricks on me? Ether way Im going to wait a bit just to make sure whoever it was is really was gone.

After a few minutes I put the journal and the flash light in my coat pocket. Outside the room there was a huge tree, I opened the window the tree was close enough that I could climb on one of the near branches. Carefully I placed one foot on the nearest branch then then the other gaining my balance. Suddenly I hear a loud scream coming from the forest.

OH NO, THE GUYS!!

I quickly claimed down and ran in the directions the screams were coming from. I ran cutting through the tress and bushes then the forest ended.I was back on the road, I signed in relief once I found everyone on the other side.

"Hey are you guys alright? what happened?" I asked

"monster!" Max yelled pointing at the forest

"That wasn't a monster you idiot I think that was a bear" Alex said with a panicked voice.

"Lets get the hell outa here!" Said Nathan

We all followed him running towards town. Then we heard the loud honk behind us and huge light was shining nearly bling us when we turned around but once it dimmed we saw a black car come into view. It was a few feet away from us and it looked like someone was stepping out.

"Mr. Hiroshi!!!!!" We all shouted

"What are you doing here?" Alex asked what probably we all wanted to know. "I think a better question would be, what are the four of you doing in a restricted area?" He asked

We were all quiet I was thinking of an excuse actually I think we all were

"uhhh ha ha ha would you believe that my bro drove here and ditched us here" Nathan said awkwardly

"Enough excuses now someone tell me the truth!" He yelled I knew we weren't going to go anywhere unless we told him

"I-I wanted to see it, the forest I mean, I was curious about it and wanted to explore it so I asked everyone to come with me" I blurted out "And to be honest we all kinda wanted to check it out anyways" Alex said coming to my defense it was unexpected to say the least The guys also agreed.

Mr. Hiroshi looked at us inspecting us as if to find if we were lying. "You must be joking curiosity! are you kidding, thats why your all here, do any of you have any idea the amount of danger you've put yourselves in Do you even know the countless numbers of sightings of wild beast and warnings of the danger inside that forest?!" He yelled we all stayed quite as he scolded us.

"Get in all of you" He said and turned to get back in the car I was confused isn't that stranger danger situation.

We all were seated I was in the front and Alex, Max, and Nathan were in the back. I looked over to Mr.Hiroshi who was looking at the road frowning the air was tense but that wasn't the wired part. No the weird part was I noticed our chemistry teacher was wearing lose jeans and leather jacket taking instead usual lab coat.

"So your not reporting us Mr. Hiroshi?" Nathan
M finally broke the silence. "I should report all of you for being so foolish!.....but I won't since you are my students, and the task of reporting you all is far to troublesome i wont. Instead However I expect each one of you to turn in a paper about the forests recant or past occurrences and your experience of this day along with your project" He said

I looked at him with wide eyes could he do that? "What! Y-you've got to be kidding right sir I mean we haven't even started our project?" Nathan asked "I'm afraid I am not I suggest you start soon" he said with a smirk oh god he can. Grate as if the project was bad enough.

I heard Alex's mumble "thanx a lot genies grate plan" and then Nathan yelled ow She probably kicked him.

The rest of the ride was spent in silence as we drove into town an to our neighborhood mr Hiroshi dropped us all of and we walked to Alex's and Max's house.

"I Cant believe we god cough damn" Max said

"I guess we should thank Nathan and his genius plan" Alex said with a sarcastic tone

"Hey its no my fault Matt was the one accepted the challenge I don't think he'd actually go through with" Nathan said

"Hey i wasn't the one who choose a restricted forest for a challenge" I yelled

"I didn't think you'd do it besides everyone knows I have the worst ideas" he yelled

"Then why do you guys go along with it? I asked

"Because if we don't this big baby is gunna bitch and wine for the longest time" Max said

"Exactly... WAIT HEY!

We all ended up laughing except for Nathan who just pouted. We all decided to spent the rest of the night watching a movie and Max even ordered a pizza.