FYI: I'm Nobody's Pawn

Fight or flight

Fight or flight.

When faced with a threatening stimulus most living beings respond in one of two ways. Outrunning their predator, or taking them head-on. I'm no exception.

Since I could stand, I've been subjected to training in hopes of never getting caught off guard. Defense and offense is all I've grown to know. I was, to say the least, a fierce she-wolf.

-Milan Beckham

"Thank you for helping me pack gentlemen

"Thank you for helping me pack gentlemen." Tyra Mae smiles over at the moving company.

"Of course." One of the males trails off as he walks one of the larger boxes out of the house. Another is on his heel, his box slightly smaller but still filled to the brim with momentos.

"Be a dear and call those good-looking hunks in for a break." Nia Grace whispers to me rather loudly.

"Ignore her," Tyra states dismissively while her older sister sets out a variety of drinks. Some are brown, some clear, while others sport either orange, purple, or yellow coloring. "Heat has come early for her."

"We're not all lucky enough to find our mates, Ty." Nia rolls her eyes setting out a small tray of snacks. "Yoohoo!" She calls out to a mover walking by.

"Yes ma'am?" He enters the kitchen setting down an intricate picture frame.

"Tell your hard-working buddies to come sit down, grab a snack, and hydrate." She leans over the island counter, purposely propping her chest on the granite to expose her perky cleavage.

"Yes ma'am!" He runs out to collect the other three in his crew.

"That's our cue to leave." Tyra makes a gag noise, heading to her room. I follow after her to the barren space, once bright with colors and decoration. It now sits vacant with a mattress in the far back corner. I knew this would take some time getting used to, after all, this made her move so much more real. "This is really happening."

"It is." I reply with a soft whisper. I hated it. I hated letting her go. "Seems like everyone's heading out."

"We're all just trying to make the best of our lives with what little time we're given." She shrugs, laying back on her mattress. "I mean, Mikhael an alpha? The twins, betas? Who would of ever thought Gabriael of all people could get a book signing gig in Paris?"