-The Storm of Raging Souls (1)-

The Storm of Raging Souls

-Chapter 1-

A colossus storm, something that comes every couple hundred years, forming out of the Dark Sea; an ocean that had consisted of dark massive waves- folding into themselves as the creatures of the dark void beneath emerged. The roars of these beasts rumbled the ocean- creating the colossus storm.

A Howling wind whips throughout the cloudy night sky, creeping over the sandy beach and directing itself towards the Rocky Forest; A wall of rain pushing through- destroying every bit of plant life in sight.

Twenty-Five miles down the road rested a small village, home to several poor families. The houses had been made of straw and very weak materials- leaving the townspeople very vulnerable to the storm. This lack of strength and hardened materials resulted in their retreat to a homemade storm cellar lying beneath the village's water well.

Within the storm cellar, about four families can be seen curled up in a ball against the cold steel walls- covered in a huge blue blanket. A row of kids, seated on towels and hay on the ground, were preoccupied with a box of toys- set to distract them from the storm.

An old man that goes by the name, Jarek, stood in his brown robe, his back arched forward slightly; A long redwood cane supporting his balance. Jarek had been the Leader of the village, taking care of every member since the age of 31 (Now 89) when his father had died protecting the village from a great lion.

A woman to the right of him turns, whispering in his ear softly.

"Have they returned?"

"No. And I'm afraid to say...they might not, Revira."

Jarek crosses his arms, his long gray hair hiding his expression; but just his mouth and chin revealed- a gray goatee hanging low under a saddened expression.

"But, Jarek- there must be something we can do? This storm is growing stronger and stronger and they won't be able to support themselves out there."

"We must wait. Our god has spoken to me." Jarek pulls out a thin silver necklace- holding a pendant of his god's symbol. "We shall stay here- guided by the power of Vuo." He holds it close to his chest.

"Waiting isn't going to do anything!" She shouts, startling the rest of the villagers.

Jarek lowers his head, tangling the pendant from his forefinger gently.

"Revira, I'm sorry. I don't mean to come off as dull or cold hearted but it's extremely dangerous out there. If we send out any man to retrieve your husband and kid they themselves can become caught within this storm. They are strong individuals, Revira. Fate will not let them die just yet.

"What do you mean by that?" She asks, confused.

"You mustn't tell them, or anybody in this matter, but a dark omen carries itself over your husband and son." The old man grips his cane handle slightly; distressed with this type of information.

Revira's face lifts, shocked by such a foul thing to hear. Frighteningly intrigued, she continues on.

"A Dark omen? How could that be?"

"I don't know. It's just a theory as of right now but I had read through an old scroll- discovering the existence of an omen created for swordsmen."

At that moment, a loud crashing sound comes from outside the cellar. A panic erupts among the group of villagers as the parents are trying to calm the screaming children. Within the panicking group, Jarek stood dead still in the back- trying to pull a solution from his gifted mind. His eyes slowly closed shut, trying to find his inner peace at that hectic moment.