-The Dark Sea/Amiss (3)-

The Les Anges De La Mer sailed far out, reaching a point of complete ocean- no land or buildings in sight. The sounds of the crew chanting as they pulled the sails, controlling the boat as a team. Meanwhile, Mao and Kree sat below deck in the Captain's Quarters.

Mao's legs rested on top of the beautiful rosewood Table, carvings of many different symbols and art. His boots had been leaning up against each other as Kree sat across from him- sorting out his bag. A torch (unlit), a small leather bag filled with marbles, a tiny Marble cup, and a Chicken Drumstick (cooked). We can see Mao has a very perturbed expression among his face, confused by the logic of this bag.

"How exactly does your bag work? Mao asked, leaning his body forward.

"It's like a bag with limitless space. I can place anything in here: Food, Weapons, Healing supplies." Kree reaches into his bag, pulling out a small brown wooden sign reading Sign.

"Interesting." Mao says, impressed by this useful tool.

"It is. Can definitely come in handy." He smiles with glee.

"Can you pull random things out?" The swordsman asks.

"Sadly no. But I CAN put anything I want in here and it'll preserve it."

Mao looks confused.

"Anything?" He asks.

"Anything. Gimme some raw meat. It'll preserve it until I am ready to cook it."

"That'll DEFINITELY come in handy." Mao states.

"Now you, answer me this, why did you set foot on this Journey?" Kree leaves his seat, grabbing the small marble mug and walking to a bucket of water in the corner of the room.

Mao's face grows blank, a wave coming over him. He quickly turns, avoiding eye contact.

"It's a long story, kid. You don't really wanna hear it." He says, trying to end the conversation.

"Come oooon, if we're controlling this ship together, we gotta have some sort of trust." Kree runs behind Mao, antagonizing him, "Come ooooonn."

Hesitation is revealed through the captain's eyes, but with enough convincing he finally gives in.

"Fine! Just stop running around me!" Mao shouts, grabbing Kree by the shoulders- lifting him up and placing him in the captain's chair.

Kree hops around in the chair, eager to hear this story. Mao sets up a tiny stool in front of the chair- sitting down slowly on it.

"My son, Evander, was kidnapped. The Royal Family from out West came by and destroyed everything- killing every last villager. I was bound to the well as they forced my son-" He then pauses, placing his hand over his mouth with despair in his eyes, "He did this."

Mao rips his shirt open, revealing the cuts again to Kree. The boy's face drops, surprised by the connection between the two.

"So that's how you got those wounds. That's why you were all bloody before falling down that hill." Kree states.

"Now, I'm on my way to go find my boy and save him- maybe even leave an impression." He pulls his new sword out, observing the shiny blade.

Kree sits there silently, taking in that information; He had actually hoped for a happier story. He leans forward in his chair, curious.

"Your son, Evander? Was he a training swordsman?" He asked.

"No. He WAS a swordsman. Taken after his old man, the boy has a way with the blade. A childish kid yet ambitious about his goals."

Slashजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें