-A Royal Life (4)-

A Silver statue of a tall mighty warrior glimmering in the light of the Chandeliers above. The Ballroom, filled to the brim with drunken dancers, held a dance that very night. Celebrating the Birth of the King, Amadeus. A King that to many was Courageous, Mighty, and even a god; his fifty fourth birthday.

In the corners of the room sat musicians, positioned in odd shapes as they played a soft piece- adding background music to the party. The king sat on his MASSIVE golden throne, curling his toes within his shoes as he smirked with delight.

Standing beside the king was his assistant, Joshu. He turns, smiling at the King- puckering his red lips.

"Isn't this just a delight, my King?" Joshu says while taking a small sip of his wine.

"It is, it is." He leans his head back, glancing up at the lights- glimmering off his brown eyes.

One thing that truly grabbed Amadeus was music. A simple Sonata could send the man into a wave of orgasm. He believed that all musicians should be respected, so, as a result, he searched the City of Levington (The city outside of the castle) for children who were deeply rooted to music; holding a passion or Talent for it and kidnapped them without remorse.

Ten children had been picked to be the king's personal musicians but as the time went on- they fell deeply ill: coming down with a mysterious case of Leprosy. One child had survived this horrendous disease, a boy that was sheltered within the castle: a child prodigy.

(Within a marble room, a Rosewood harpsichord rested in the middle of the room. A young child, about the age of 10 can be seen playing it gracefully)

A long blue jacket that hung behind his bench, hanging low to his white tights, leading up to blue breeches and a white button up blouse with puffy wrists. The young boy wore a white powdered wig, one fashioned for him by his father, Prince Elspeth.

The speed of the boy's fingers was exquisite, untouched by the power of his mind. Ten years old and already the greatest composer within the castle- even the greatest of musicians that had practiced for years couldn't compare to the boy's immense talent.

At this moment, he begins to slow down- coming to the end of his Sonata; a beautiful piece he had been writing for his father's inauguration speech later in the night. He plays the last note, resting his hands gently on his lap.

Suddenly, the sound of the latches on the doors could be heard- they opened up to a guard in royal armor- approaching the young boy.

"Herr Alexander, your father requests of your appearance in the main hall." The guard states, getting down on one knee for a slight moment.

"Tell him I will be right there." Alexander replies, standing to his feet and grabbing his folder off of the top of the Harpsichord and closing it.

His stance had been very proper, showing a sign of maturity at such a young age- well that is what the adult had thought.

(Moments later, within the Main Hall.)

Alexander can be seen sitting down in front of a gleaming Harpsichord- reflecting the light from the sun that shone through the beautiful stained glass used for the windows. A row of men, all in powdered wigs, standing beside the young musician as he prepared to play his piece, he has been working on for a solid three months.

"Quiet down, quiet down." One of the men said loudly, motioning to the others, "This is Herr Alexander, son of Prince Elspeth. He will be playing a piece tonight that he has created for his grandfather, King Amadeus. For now, he will serenade us with a beautiful harmony- one that I have created for the event."