Uncertainty

The human girl's scent still lingers on me. The smell of her blood making it all the more difficult to stop myself from turning around and going back to finish what I almost started. I never should've hesitated. I should have taken her to the remote cabin that I found in the middle of nowhere. Where the Cullen's would never be able to find her. What was I thinking taking her home? So stupid.

That doesn't matter now though. She's still under the Cullen's protection. The yellowed eyed pixie showing up proves that. Bella's lover probably not far behind. Why was she in wolf territory though? There is no way they would allow her to consort with wolves...

As I'm running through the trees in the dark, I find myself wondering what I should do now. It's going to be more difficult to get to the human. But perhaps if the Volturi knew that the Cullens told a human about themselves, they might step in. The Volturi only have a few laws and they take them very seriously. They're notorious for destroying covens that have stepped out of line. With that thought, I decided that is exactly what I'll do. The Cullens will likely hide Bella until they know that she is safe from the Volturi. I just have to figure out where she will be while the Cullens are being confronted.

As I'm running, I change course. I'll need to fly to Italy, running would take too long. If I'm going to be on a plane, then I need to feed. Being trapped in a flying tin can with tons of humans could be very bad for me, especially if I'm voluntarily walking right into the Volturi's lair. I can't make a spectacle of myself. Lucky for me, I hear a vehicle approaching. It's about two miles away but at my speed, I reach it in a matter of seconds. There are so many things I can do to overpower the driver, but I decide to make it simple. I run at the same pace as the vehicle, throwing open the driver side door. Before the driver realizes what is happening, I'm pushing him into the passenger seat. Perfect, I found a car and a snack.

"What the hell? Who are you, what just happened? Get the hell out of my car!" He exclaimed, his eyes in shock. I also sense a bit of anger in his tone.

With one hand on the wheel, I turn to look at him, my red eyes gleaming in the lights of other cars passing by. Adjusting my expression into a deep piercing glare, his eyes widen and his jaw drops. The fear in his eyes pleases me. My free hand shoots out and I grab his tongue. He grasps my wrist with both hands struggling to get free. I pull him towards me until his face is an inch from mine and whisper in his ear. "What's the matter, cat got your tongue? You humans are all the same, you act big and bad in dangerous situations but have no follow through. Pathetic."

He whimpers as if he is pleading for his life, but I have other plans. I pull his face even closer and bite deeply into his neck. He screams while I still have a hold of his tongue. The smell of blood instantly filling the air. Keeping my eyes on the road, I drain out every ounce of this man's blood. He struggled at first but within a minute his body was limp. Once I'm sure he's completely drained I open my door and throw his body out into the night. Luckily traffic is bare in these wooded areas.

The nearest airport is one hundred and forty-four miles away from forks. I'm already halfway there considering I ran for about forty minutes, hoping the wind would carry away the stench of the human. I'll have to get new clothes at the airport and ditch these ones, they reek of her. I step on the gas, speeding the rest of the way. Even for a vampire, time moves slowly when you're trying to get something done.

I switch on the radio, humming along to the latest pop music blaring through the car. It would amaze people to know that some of the newer artists are actually not human. Just stone cold, blood sucking creatures with the voices of sirens. They lure you in with their melodic voices and make millions. The only way anyone would ever know they're vampires is if they're caught in the sunlight glowing like a disco ball. That's why most of them only tour at indoor venues. If I didn't loathe humans with a passion, I'd probably do the same. James always loved listening me sing... With that thought I switch off the radio, my annoyance peaking. I will do whatever it takes to avenge James. Even If I can't get to the human girl, Edward will pay.