Happy Ever After

Bella's POV:

One month and seven days. That's the amount of time I have left as a human. It's been three months and three weeks since I decided that I want Victoria to change me. Time is flying by though. She comes over every day now and we talk and hang out. Victoria asks me a lot about myself as if she is studying me. Getting her to open up about herself is impossible. I sometimes find myself wishing I could read minds. I want to know more about her before I trust her with my life... or death. She avoids a lot of my questions as if she is trying to spare me gruesome details. I know that she had immoral tendencies, but I truly believe she is capable of change.

Victoria texted me today letting me know she has a surprise for me. I hate surprises. I find comfort in knowing Alice will be joining us. She still doesn't trust Victoria yet and never leaves me alone with her. Always hovering close by waiting for an attack. I can't say I blame her after she has that vision of Victoria hurting me. It makes me wonder though if that is why Victoria won't open up to me. Maybe she doesn't feel comfortable with Alice knowing all of her history.

"Are you sure about this?" Alice asks.

"Yes. If I'm going to trust Victoria to change me then I have to get to know her more. I can only do that by spending time with her. Alice, you have to loosen up a bit. Cut her some slack." I plead.

"I need to loosen up?! You need to... to... tighten up! Don't forget that she murdered Waylon, your father's friend! You have no idea what she is capable of." Alice said angrily, crossing her arms across her chest.

"I know... I will never forget that. She has apologized for that profusely though. She didn't know who Waylon was. He was out in the middle of nowhere, drunk. I'm mot excusing her actions, but we can't hold it against her forever." I shake my head, trying to forget about it.

"You are way too trusting. I don't know why you jump from one dangerous situation to the next. I wish you would just let me fill syringes with my venom and just change you myself." Alice says, a little less angry now. She did have a point. I jumped off a cliff just to hallucinate about Edward, it was the most dangerous thing I could think to do. That was the last time I saw him. I feel like I have finally let him go though. I think about him less now. I'm no longer wanting to change for him. I want to do this for me.

"Alice, no. I will not risk your relationship with your family. They would never forgive you. Edward would never speak to you again." I say, rubbing her arm in comfort.

"I just wish we could find a different way. But if this is really what you want, I will support you. I'm going to be here to protect you though, every step of the way." Alice lightly smiles, pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you, but what about Jasper? You haven't been to see him yet and it's been over three months." I say, feeling sad for keeping her away from her family.

"About that... Jasper decided he is going to come here. He'll be staying at our old place until you've been changed." Alice says slyly.

"You told him?! He didn't tell anyone else, did he? I don't want anyone trying to stop this." I ask anxiously.

"No, we discussed it. He thinks it's only fair that you make your own choices. He was changed against his will. He's happy that you want to be happy and that you're taking steps in the direction to make that happen." Alice says with a soft smile.

A car horn blares outside. We walk to the window and see Victoria standing outside her car, smiling up at my window. We make our way downstairs and outside to meet her.

"Hey, you got a new car? You didn't steal it, did you?" I joke, nervously.

"Ha... No, I bought it. I've gone legit. You have me living by society's standards." Victoria says playfully, as she opens both front and back passenger doors.