Jinbei's Warning

Chapter 24: Jinbei's Warning

Asuka's POV

Two weeks had passed since Zoro's recovery and we had a guest among our ranks.

"Jinbei, it's good to see you again!" Luffy patted the man's back, I observed his appearance, he was a little strange to be honest. But then again most Fishmen were quite funny-looking, there were no such thing as Fishmen on Atlantixa. "May we present our newest member! Asuka!" "You certainly need no introduction my girl, I have heard much about you. Who would've thought there was a devil fruit with the control over water? It combats with the very foundation of a devil fruit itself." "Not really," I smirked raising my hand. "My power controls fresh water, not sea water; there is a significant difference."

This fellow, Jinbei stayed for dinner, he apparently had a matter to discuss with Luffy.

"So Luffy-san, this is about your... new member." I heard Jinbei whisper to Luffy, he stopped eating for once and looked directly to Jinbei. "The government is planning an attack on you and your crew, a full scale battalion is being put together of high profile marines, Smoker and Akainu I hear are the two leading the attack." Even with Jinbei speaking so low I clearly wasn't the only one who could hear him; Zoro looked to me, a secret message was conveyed. Listen, don't speak.

"And?" Luffy said in slight annoyance. "They said they'd call off the attack if you'd only hand over the girl, Luffy I don't think you can win this one. If you don't you won't only loose her but your whole crew will perish, is that what you want?" "We can take em'." Luffy simply replied shoveling more food into his mouth. "Luffy-san-""Jinbei, is everything okay with your food?" Sanji asked pointedly towards his untouched plate. It seems Sanji has picked up on the conversation as well.

"Everything is fantastic Sanji-san, Luffy maybe I should talk to you on deck?" Luffy stood up a little annoyed, taking a deep breath before sitting down again. "My whole crew is stronger since Marineford, we also have Asuka. She's really strong! No doubt we can defeat Smoker and Akainu and all those marine bakas." Zoro nodded closing his eye thoughtfully. "Although I think we need to plan, I don't think we have ever really used a plan in battle since Shiki the Lion, if we are going against the marine full force then we need to figure our own plan of attack." "The shitty swordsman is right, for once, Asuka isn't a little girl and we aren't strangers. We won't hand her over just to save our asses, it's likely they'd still try and fight us once we'd given her over. It's our battle as much as her own." I nodded my head giving the Fishman a smile. "I already feel a plan, I know you are weary that I may be the end of your Straw-hat friends Jinbei-ne, I see it in your eyes. But was Nico Robin not heavily wanted by the government? Was Roronoa Zoro not an infamous pirate hunter? I'm just like the rest of the Straw-hats; wanted. You won't be changing this crew's danger level by removing me, Luffy's bounty will eventually surpass mine. I know for sure."

Jinbei sighed nodding his head, now that I notice he looked quite tired. You definitely cannot blame him for worrying over his friends, this is a problem. But even I know the government won't just put away their swords and shake hands with Luffy if I'm handed over, the marines are foxes not dogs.

The whole crew nodded and made noises of agreement and soon after dinner it was time to formulate a plan.

~

The ambush apparently would happen soon, not on shore but a set of marine ships would 'surprise' attack us, taking us off guard, taking myself and slaughtering the Mugiwara crew.
"They have a high opinion of themselves if they think it's going to be that easy." Franky said sipping a cola as Jinbei finished explaining their plan of attack. "How did you come across these plans Jinbei-san?" Nami asked questionably. "Connections," he stated simply leaving no room for speculation.

We discussed the attack plan a few times, chopping and changing making it better. A creeping feeling bubbled in my stomach, what if it didn't work? What if they hurt all my friends and take me away?
"I'll be back..." I managed to say, fleeing the dining room to the deck.

Running my fingers through my hair I tried to calm down. I think I'm bordering on a panic attack. "Are you okay?" I turned around to see Zoro standing in his usual nonchalant position. "I'm stressed..." He wrapped his arms around my stomach from behind me. "It'll be fine." He planted a kiss on my head in a lame attempt to reassure me. "But... what if it's not?" "If the world was full of such questioning there would never a pirate age." "What?" I twisted my head to look back at him. "The age of dreams and pirates is built on ifs, if I reach the Grand Line, if I defeat this person, if I find the One Piece, if I find this or do that... there's no certainty, that's why it's great. You can sit and speculate about how to get somewhere or how to do something, but until you go running after it you'll never really know will you?" Sighing I placed my hand upon his. "I suppose you're right..." "Of course I am, I'm always right." Rolling my eyes I break his hold and face him. "Are you alright to comeback in now?" He asked me and I shrugged; smirking he quickly closes in on my lips and kisses me passionately. "Are you alright to comeback in now?" Laughing I start to walk back in with him.

As we walk back in I catch the name 'Trafalgar Law'.
"What was that about Trafalgar Law?" "We have an alliance with him, so we are going to call upon his help." Nami explains and my lips form an o shape. "I see..."
We got back to talking about the plan and every now and then my minds slips into things like Alexander, Shanks... Kid... hmmm, Kid and Shanks share the same red hair that's funny.

"Are you alright with that Asuka?" Robin pulls me out of my day dreams. "Hm, yeah? Great, all for it." "Okay then, we'll contact Traffy tonight and have a big party-""Luffy, no party. Asuka will call Trafalgar and say 'get your yellow butt over here and repay our debt." Nami laughed menacingly. I look at everyone else with a sigh. "I'm calling him am I?"

~

"Trafalgar Water D. Law?" I said into the snail phone using his full name to get a reaction, it didn't work as well. "Who is this?" He spoke calmly into the dendenmushi. "I'm Asuka the Water Wielder, I'm speaking on behalf of Monkey D. Luffy, we need your help. When can you be at our ship by?" "Interesting... the Water Wielder is asking for my help... well someone get my scalpel and katana, I really must rush!"

God not another cocky, sarcastic male to deal with.

I sighed and looked at Zoro for help. He grabbed the snail and snarled into it. "When can you be here Trafalgar?" A laugh sounded from the dendenmushi and he finally replied. "Calm down Roronoa-ya, where are you?" I snatched the dendenmushi back and recited our coordinates "Around six hours I suppose." He then hung up.

"He's so rude!" "That's why we gave you the job of calling him Asuka..." Usopp explained and I scoffed. "I can't wait to meet this tosser, I bet he's one piece of work."