Embracing the Unknown

As the [Color]-haired girl and her companion made their way into the classroom, a radiant beam illuminated the space, casting a warm glow. As anticipated, the room was teeming with unfamiliar faces, causing her heart to tighten. However, amidst the whirlwind of emotions, she found solace in the fact that Grim remained faithfully by her side. And then, as if guided by a glimmer of hope, a familiar face emerged in the midst of the crowd, bringing a wave of relief and familiarity to the Magic History Class II.

"Epel!" [Y/N] joyfully exclaimed, her voice echoing through the air. In response, a gentle voice called back, "Hey, [Y/N]!" The person with lavender hair beamed with excitement. Closing the distance between them, the young woman and Epel embraced each other in a heartfelt greeting. 

"It's wonderful to have a familiar face around," [Y/N] expressed, brimming with happiness. Epel responded with a soft chuckle, saying, "Hahaha! I feel the same way!" Despite not having shared classes in the previous year, [Y/N]'s close bond with Vil had given her the opportunity to forge a strong friendship with Epel as well. For a while, the two of them had been Vil's personal canvas for elegant fashion experiments at NRC.

"Hey! Don't forget about me, the awesome Grim! I'm here too!" Grim exclaimed with a touch of anger from his place on [Y/N]'s shoulder. Epel couldn't help but chuckle at Grim's outburst. "Oh, Grim! Of course, we couldn't leave you out. After all, you and [Y/N] together count as a single student, haha~" Epel said, a warm smile adorning his beautiful face. Turning his attention to [Y/N], he kindly asked, "So, [Y/N], how have you been?" [Y/N] responded with gratitude, saying, "I've been doing quite well lately, thank you for asking! It was a bit tough being separated from Ace and Deuce, but now that we're in the same class, Epel, I feel much better." 

[Y/N] wore a radiant smile as she eagerly asked, "And how has your grandma been? Any updates?" Epel's face lit up with joy as he replied, "She's as strong as ever! This year's harvest was incredibly successful, and I'll make sure to bring you some apples later." As [Y/N] and Epel continued to catch up and share their stories, the classroom door swung open, revealing Professor Trein entering the room. With that, the class commenced, and their educational journey began.

Magic History was one of the subjects in which [Y/N] excelled at Night Raven College. It didn't really matter whether she enjoyed the class or not, but knowing that she struggled in practical and magical classes without relying on Grim, she put extra effort into excelling in these theoretical subjects. The dependency on Grim became a constant source of concern for her, and she began to wonder what lies beyond Night Raven College.

Would she ever discover a place where she could be a fully independent person? Could she ever rid herself of the constant worry that her lack of magical abilities was tiring her friends? She recognized that she brought unique qualities to their group, but deep down, she still questioned whether she might become a burden. And ... what if her non-magical self ended up not being enough for him. He, who is one of this realm strongest mage.

In a sudden realization, she understood the need to break free from the grip of self-pity. Yes, she felt the pain and frustration of her limitations in this world, but she knew that dwelling on it would only hold her back. Despite the hurt, she was determined to maintain her independence and actively seek solutions to overcome her challenges.

[Y/N] then reached for her Magiphone and quickly searched for that special contact. With a smile on her face, she typed, "Hey there, superstar!" As soon as she sent the message, a reply came back, scolding her, "Messaging in classes is not polite, [Y/N]. Is there an emergency, or do we need to spend more time on an etiquette lecture of "Politeness in the classroom"".