Chapter 1 - An Unexpected Request

Madison had always admired Rex Goodwin, the director of New Domino City's Public Security Maintenance Bureau. His striking features, magnetic charisma, and mysterious aura had fascinated her ever since she first saw him on the news, and she often daydreamed about meeting him in person and expressing her feelings.

One sunny afternoon, as Madison strolled through New Domino City Park, she heard a commotion nearby. She followed the noise and found herself in the midst of a swarm of reporters surrounding Rex. He stood tall and proud at the center, commanding attention while discussing the city's latest security and infrastructure advancements.

Madison threaded her way through the dense crowd, heart pounding, until she made it to the very front row. This was the closest she had ever been to Rex. She admired his regal stature, confident posture, and the way his jade green eyes shone with intellect. His smooth voice and calm, authoritative demeanor made her knees weak. She longed to reach out and touch him, but could only stare in awe.

After the press conference ended and the reporters dispersed, Madison impulsively decided to follow Rex as he walked to his limousine. Gathering every ounce of courage, she called out, "Excuse me, Director Goodwin?" Her voice quivered slightly despite her efforts to steady it.

Rex turned, fixing his green eyes on her

Rex turned, fixing his green eyes on her. "Yes?" he replied politely. His gaze seemed to look right through her, and she shuddered under its intensity.

Heart pounding in her throat, Madison stammered, "I...I'm a huge fan of yours. You've done so much good for this city." She blushed fiercely under his scrutiny.

Rex's expression softened microscopically. The corner of his mouth turned up a fraction. "Thank you. That's kind of you to say," he murmured. 

As Rex opened the car door to leave, Madison cried "Wait!" more desperately than she intended.

Rex paused, looking mildly annoyed. "Yes, what is it?" he asked crisply.

Madison's palms grew slick. She had to ask now. "Can I...can I hug you?" she squeaked out.

Rex's eyes widened in surprise. Clearly this was not a common request. "Hug me? What for?"

"I've admired you for so long. I just want to feel close to you, even for a minute," she explained, blushing furiously.

After a pause, Rex nodded, signaling his bodyguards to give them space. "Very well. But just briefly."

Trembling, Madison stepped closer. Rex opened his arms slightly in invitation. Slowly, gently, Madison wrapped her arms around his strong shoulders, finally eliminating the distance between them. The scent of his cologne enveloped her. She couldn't believe she was embracing Rex, the man of her dreams.

Rex slid his arms around her slender frame, one hand on her upper back, the other just below her shoulders. His embrace was tender yet secure. Madison felt his steady heartbeat against her chest, the rise and fall of his breath. She nestled against him, cheek resting on his firm shoulder. For a moment, the outside world fell away.