Chapter 5 - The First Time

The next morning, Madison woke up and she realized she was still curled up on the plush leather couch, her head resting in Rex's lap.

"Good morning," Rex said softly, noticing her begin to wake.

Madison sat up, tucking a strand of her messy hair behind her ear self-consciously. "Good morning," she replied, unable to meet his gaze in her embarrassment. "I'm so sorry...I can't believe I used you as a pillow all night."

Rex gently tilted her chin up so their eyes met. "You have nothing to apologize for," he assured her. "You needed rest, and I was more than happy to provide you comfort."

Madison let out a relieved sigh, comforted by his understanding. "So you don't mind that I just conked out on you like that?" she asked with a timid smile.

Rex chuckled warmly. "Not at all. In fact, I quite enjoyed having you in my arms as you slept."

Madison's cheeks flushed pink at his words. "Can we just stay like this all day?" she pleaded playfully, nestling against his sturdy shoulder.

Rex's expression turned regretful. "As much as I wish we could remain here together, duty calls, I'm afraid. There are matters that require my attention."

Madison nodded, knowing Rex had pressing responsibilities as director that demanded his time and focus.

With a sigh, Rex stood and straightened his rumpled suit jacket. "I'll have my driver take you home for now," he said. "But I promise we'll continue our evening together at dinner tonight."

"I'll hold you to that," Madison replied with an understanding smile. She knew Rex's work was important to him.

Rex escorted Madison outside to the idling limousine. Before parting, he drew her in for a lingering kiss. "Until tonight," he murmured. 

As the limo pulled away, Rex watched it go, already missing Madison's presence. Yet he looked forward to their dinner later, a bright spot amidst his constant demands.
Later that evening, Madison stood in front of the floor-length mirror in her bedroom, carefully applying a light layer of makeup. She leaned forward and lined her brown eyes with a smokey black pencil, gently smudging it for a sultry effect. After adding a touch of blush to the apples of her cheeks, she stepped back to examine her work.

Satisfied with her makeup, Madison turned her attention to her outfit for the evening. She had picked out a flowing light blue dress made of soft, lightweight fabric that fell just below her knees. The dress featured a square neckline that left her shoulders enticingly bare. Madison slipped into the dress, loving the way the material floated around her body as she moved. She fastened a delicate silver necklace with a small sapphire pendant around her slender neck, letting it rest just above her collarbones.
For shoes, Madison had selected a pair of black high heels with thin straps that wrapped delicately around her ankles. She stepped into them, buckling the small clasps on the sides.

Ready at last, Madison gave herself one final appraising look in the mirror. She had left her long chestnut hair down in loose, natural waves that cascaded over her shoulders. With a spray of her favorite strawberry vanilla perfume on her wrists, she deemed her outfit complete. Just then, the doorbell rang, signaling Rex's arrival.

Madison hurried to the door, her heart already quickening at the thought of seeing Rex. When she opened it, he stood on the doorstep looking impeccable as always in one of his tailored gray three-piece suits. His bright green eyes lit up when he saw Madison.
Rex offered his arm and escorted Madison down the steps to where his limousine idled by the curb. The driver opened the door for them, and they sank into the plush leather seats, immediately helping themselves to the champagne chilling in an ice bucket. They clinked their crystal flutes together in a toast to their evening before sipping the bubbly liquid.