Chapter Two: Mr. Yanagi

Y/n sat quietly across from her sensei, Gouki Shibukawa as they both enjoyed a simple cup of tea. Neither broke the silence, the only that could be heard was the breaths of one another.

That was until they both heard a knock at the door, so Y/n got up from the floor and walked to the front door. And soon came back with a man, he had black slick back hair and had wrinkles that almost made you think that he never smiles. But he wore something simple, a black shirt with regular khaki jeans.

Once seeing Y/n with this man, Shibukawa was surprised but chose to hide it and invited him in for a seat. So the mysterious man sat across from Shibukawa as Y/n started to make some more tea on the small table in front of all three of them.

"Who would have believed we'd meet again? Not like this. Whatever the case, I'm glad you sought me out, Mr. Yanagi." Shibukawa said before Yanagi had set his tea down next to him before exchanging glances with both Y/n and Shibukawa.

"I'm sorry, I have never introduced you to my new student, Y/n L/n. She is quite the prodigy."  Shibukawa introduced before Yanagi glanced at her, only nodding. But he soon shifted his eyes back to Shibukawa.

"You are getting old, Shibukawa. You lost what made you interesting. You've lost everything it appears. If It meant seeing you like this, I should have ended you back then when I had the chance." Yanagi claimed to make Y/n wonder why he was saying such a mean thing when he himself is just as old. But Y/n also questioned why Shibukawa stayed so calm and kept that smile of his and how he was able to tolerate this behavior. But that's Shibukawa being Shibukawa.

"Well, Mr. Yanagi. How would you like to spar with me? For old time's sake?" Shibukawa suggested after he stood up and he smiled at Yanagi, waiting for his response.

But all Yanagi did was laugh, making Y/n cringe at this. "If you truly wish to fight, you don't have to challenge me. You simply have to come at me. Like this!" Yanagi said before grabbing the handle of the tea kettle and had threw it straight for Shibukawa, shocking both Y/n and him.

As they both stood distracted by all the smoke, Yanagi chose this as his moment to put a sharp needle, big enough to puncture Shibukawa's eye, right in his face. Like if he was threatening to jab him any second.

"Do you wish to continue? Face it. You simply can't win." Yanagi said with a straight face before Shibukawa stayed silent.

"I will take that as a no." Yanagi chuckled before glaring at Y/n and bringing down the sharp needle. "I'll be taking my leave now." He claimed before walking out of the room, still leaving them both stunned.

"What the fuck was that?! Why didn't you do anything?!" Y/n bursted out at Shibukawa.

"I'm only glad that you were able to keep that only between me and Yanagi rather than stepping in like you always do." Shibukawa chuckled as he contained his smile, still steaming from the tea kettle.