the first 'i love you'

a/n: this is the first time i'm writing these, so sorry if it's bad! requests open, no smut. enjoy! taylor!xfemreader
word count: 940

——————————————————————
you and taylor met about a month ago. ever since you met her, you have had this strong feeling, love. although, you weren't sure if taylor felt the same, so you just kept to yourself. you and taylor had planned to go out to lunch together this afternoon to this cute cafe. today felt different, today was the day you were going to tell taylor about your feelings towards her.

time skip to cafe:

you got to the cafe and got you and taylor a table. taylor hadn't arrived yet, so you waited for her at the table. you started to get nervous and started bouncing your leg. it has felt like an hour already, but it's only been 5 minutes. you start to freak out and wonder if you should tell her about how you feel. you got deep into your thoughts and didn't even realize that taylor had arrived, until she snapped you out of your thoughts.
"y/n, hey!" taylor said.

no answer.

"y/n, are you okay?" she said waving her hand in front of your face.

you quickly snapped out of your thoughts and your palms began to sweat.

"o-oh yeah, i'm fine!" you said nervously.

taylor could sense your nervousness.

"you sure?" taylor said.

"yep! i'm good!" you said forcing an awkward laugh.

"okay.." she said giving a skeptical look.

you and taylor started to look at the menu to figure out what you were getting. while looking, there was an awkward silence between you two. your leg started bouncing again like crazy. you didn't know how to stop it you just couldn't. you felt a panic attack coming on, until you felt a hand on your thigh stopping the bouncing and making that feeling go away. you looked up from your menu and you locked eyes with taylor's ocean blue eyes.

"y/n are you sure your okay? you can tell me what's wrong." taylor said with a soft tone.

"well... there is something i wanted to ask you, but i just don't know how." you said nervously.

"try." taylor said.

just that one word made everything you want to say just start rambling out.

"okay, ever since i met you taylor, i don't know i've felt something for you. i just don't know what it is. i-i think i like you? no, love you." you rambled.

taylor's eye widened. you quickly covered your mouth realizing what you had just said.

"oh my gosh, im so sorry taylor." you said.

"it's-" taylor said before getting abrupted by you.

"no, no it's not okay." you said.

you started rambling over and over again that your sorry.

"y/n..." taylor said.

you kept rambling.

"y/n!" she said snapping you out of your ramble.

"y/n it's okay. you know, i've felt the same way." taylor said.

taylor walked over to your side of the table and pecked you on the cheek. you started to blush.

"i love you y/n." taylor said.

you felt your heart racing faster than it ever had before.

"i-i love you too." you said slowly.

taylor smiled.

"so, does this mean we're official?" taylor said.

you gave a look of confusion.

"do you want to be my girlfriend?.." taylor said.

"yes! yes! yes!... uh i mean, yes, yes i do." you said with a big smile on your face.

"okay, we're official then!" taylor said smiling back at you.

you and taylor ordered your food and had a great time together. after you finished eating you went to this ice cream shop and walked around central park with taylor. taylor then invited you over to her apartment where you and taylor had a movie night.

time skip to taylor's apartment:

"okay, you can choose the movie while i go pop some popcorn!" taylor said handing you the remote and walking into the kitchen.

you chose a horror movie. little did you know taylor was absolutely terrified of horror movies. shortly after, taylor came and sat down with the popcorn.

"what movie did you pick?" taylor said.

"the conjuring." you said.

taylor's face went completely blank.

"is that okay?" you asked taylor.

"yeah um, i'm just terrified of horror movies that's all." she said.

"oh, do you want me to pick something else? i can pick something else." you said reaching for the remote.

"no, no it's fine. just promise me one thing." taylor said.

"ok. what can i promise you?" you said with a smile on your face.

"that you cuddle me." taylor said with a smile on her face.

you did as she said. you positioned taylor so she was laying her head on your chest. occasionally taylor would jump from the movie, but you soothed her by running your fingers through her hair. eventually taylor didn't jump at any of the scary parts anymore, so you looked down at taylor to see that she was fast asleep. this meant you were staying the night at taylor's because you didn't have the heart to wake her up. she looked so peaceful as she slept.

"i love you taylor." you said as you kissed her forehead.

shortly after you fell asleep as well. you can't wait to see how your relationship is going to go with taylor.

a/n: i hope you guys liked it as i said this is my first time writing something like this. if you like please make sure to vote. requests are open<3 (no smut)