ii.

02

02. TWO :  a big opportunity

The bandages that covered her knees stuck out on her skin like a sore thumb. It felt as though she had lost all sense of being a teen an reverted to her young five year old self. Back then she was all cuts and bruises; such a drastic difference from the careful girl she had become. But the tightness of the bandages, that was a feeling she never knew she really missed. She missed being reckless even if it wasn't the smartest thing to do.

School was exactly like any other school day. The halls were filled with typical stereotypes: the jocks, the blonde bimbos, stoners, goths, you name it. If it was a stereotype, it was in the little high school called Midtown Science High School.

The whole place was just one big cliché. That was until Gwen Stacy made herself in a part of Ella Carson's life.

Yeah, Gwen was definitely up there in the top three most interesting things that had happened to her that day.

You would think she'd be any other blonde bimbo along with the others but she was exactly the opposite. Gwen had an IQ that matched Ella's and a kick ass personality that drew the little redhead to becoming closer friends with Gwen.

Ella didn't pay any attention to the blonde that sat next to her in her last period class. Chemistry. She hated chemistry with a burning passion and all she wanted to do was desperately start her internship.

The first thing to come out of Gwen's mouth surprised Ella a lot.

"You know, I don't think they realize this but some students are smart enough to make a bomb of some sorts out of this 'random' mix of chemicals."

Today, apparently was lab day.

Ella was flustered, "excuse me, what?"

"I'm just saying anyone could probably make a bomb right now. Maybe a Molotov Cocktail?" She shook her head, "I don't know. I'm sorry you had to hear that; you're new right? I don't think I've ever seen you around. I'm Stacey, Gwen Stacey."

Ella looked towards the front board and muttered, "Oh great another James Bond."

"Who was the first?" The hesitancy in her voice was as clear as day.

Ella lazily turned her head and raised an eyebrow at Gwen. The girl looked at her expectantly, waiting for an answer.

She sighed, "This guy named Peter Parker."

"You know Peter?" Gwen perked up as she said the name, "how did you end up meeting Peter before you met me? Trust me, I'm way better than Peter."

Ella's eyes widened a bit in a surprise at her statement, "he kind of ran me over with his skateboard."

She held up both hands in surrender to show Gwen the bandages that laid across her palms. A little trickle of red seeped through the tightly wound bandage. Ella flexed her hand gingerly, feeling a fresh sting of pain. The blonde took it and inspected it carefully.