vii.

07

07. SEVEN : a night to remember

The whole day had been very off for Ella. She wasn't like her usual self at all which not only confused both Peter and Gwen but herself as well. Not once in her life had she ever acted like she did today. She was just a jumbled mess. In all of her classes, she just at there hand propping her head up and boredom overcame her. Normally, she was the most focused person in the room but today she barely spoke a word.

She did have Peter in one class though. She hadn't noticed him at first but when she did, Ella moved to the back so she could sit next to him. He was the upside to the whole day. He'd sit there making jokes, pulling faces, anything to try and get her to laugh. Not going to lie, she did feel a little better after that class. There was just something about Peter that made him such a likable person, and Gwen saw that too. Most people couldn't see past the random bruises she'd see him with or sometimes the serious faces he'd pull whenever he'd drift off. Ella admired the way Peter was passionate about what he did.

Ella stared at the blank paper in front of her. She had no clue what to write about which was ironic considering she was interning at a newspaper office. A small groan escaped her lips as she felt a small poke to her side. Peter.

"Ella. Hey, Ella."

"What, Parker?" She tore her eyes away from the paper to look at Peter who held a smile on his face.

"Can I ask you something?" He leaned a little closer to her.

She hummed in response turning back to her paper. "There's a few minutes of class left. Wait until after."

Minutes passed by and Ella almost snapped from the constant tapping Peter was doing with his pencil. In fact, she almost reached over and broke it herself. As soon as the bell rang, Ella shot up out of her seat making a dash for the door with Peter trailing right behind her. When she got to her locker, Ella whipped around to face Peter who looked slightly out of breath.

"We can talk now," She said simply.

"Good," he wheezed. Ella raised an eyebrow at him and crossed her arms.

"Okay, Parker if you aren't going to tell me then I gotta get to chem. We can talk after class, okay?" She tried to push past him but he quickly grabbed her elbow and held her in place. As soon as she stopped he instantly let go of her.

"Okay. Do you- do you want to come over tonight?" He awkwardly grabbed his neck, a hesitant smile on his face.

Ella scoffed, "What? Like a date?"

"No, no. More like friends, but yeah it could be a date. I don't know it's just Gwen wants me to tell you something important that she thinks would be beneficial. Not that this was her idea, I do want to hang out with you since I bailed on you so many times because of work and-" A flurry of words exited his mouth, and Ella tried to keep up with what he was saying before she couldn't take it anymore. Ella quickly grabbed his face, hands squishing his cheeks as she stared him right in the eye.