Chapter 2

|A/N IF YOU HAVE NOT READ CHAPTER ONE, GO READ IT RIGHT NOW, YOU ARE MISSING PART OF THIS STORY!! Anyway, let's continue. |

「END OF CHAPTER ONE The male sighed, placing his hand on his painting before going back to his paintbrush and continued to paint, "I'll let you relax, sir, I'll go speak with our guest. ".」

The male walked out of his lordship's bedroom and returned down the stairs, walking towards you, holding his hand out, "Ma'am, do you wish to take a walk with me?". You tilted your head, but you followed him, taking his, "Alright then...". You were nervous, but you walked with him, "His lordship is very timid as of lot ma'am, please do not worry. He can not hurt you. ". You walked around the area, noticing all the fancy decorations and architecture, the lighting was dim by candle light, the rain pattered on the window, you looked out the window, "Why is it so quiet? Does he know that I'm here? What is this place?". The valet looked at you, stopping for a moment, taking off his glasses,and sighed, as he moved the curtain that revealed a woman in a painting, she was quite thin, dark, her hair curled and covered in a sunhat, she wore a very smart and elegant dress, her hands covered by white gloves, her face covered in makeup, her brown eyes glittered and flickered in the candle light, "Of course he knows that you're here, my dear. He's just not speaking right now. As you can see. This place was his dear father's, he inherited it after...well, I'll tell you more in a moment. ". He placed the curtain back down, "Anyway. On with the tour. ". You continued to walk with the male, the male spoke, "Haven't you heard of the tale of the local myth that happened here?". You shake your head, "Can't say that I have, sir. Why?", you both walked straight into a room, you both entered the library, it had a fireplace, tons of old and unread books, it was a dusty room, the books hadn't been touched for years it seemed, there was a painting above the fire, you tilted your head in confusion.

"Tea, ma'am?". The valet spoke, you looked distracted by the painting, "Oh yes, sorry. Mr er...". The male replied, "My names Michael, but you can call Mr. Talbot as that's how he refers to me by. I'm his loyal valet at your service Ma'am .....". You quickly respond, "Y/N! Y/N L/N!". The gentleman smiled, "Very well, Miss L/N. And please do not shout, he has his sentimental value in his work". You put your head down, as the male poured you some tea into a cup, it smelled wonderful, it was freshly made by the cook, freshly brewed for such a cold and depressing evening, "I'm very sorry...", the teacup was fine China, the only other cup you saw that a wooden one in the bars in your home village, "No need to apologise Miss L/N. Careful, its hot. ". You sat down in a fine armchair and picked up the cup, drinking it, it was sweet, it was made with the finest tea leaves in the country, and it was delicious. You placed the China teacup down, wondering something, what you wondered was confusing, even to you.

You looked up and saw the painting of that male again, he held a riding crop under his arm, wearing his riding uniform,he stood tall, his structure thin and weary. "Mr. Talbot, who's the man in the painting?". You pointed, the valet looked up and sadly smiled, as the painting's colours flickered oranges and reds from the fire, while the rain reflected off the window, showing on his face, his face dropped, remembering his lordship's face. "That's sir Weller, Miss L/N, his lordship went mad after the death of his loyal father and his wife Deanna died in her sleep after a wolf attack, she kept them away. He resides in his bedroom, he hardly ever comes out. He tore out his eyes and used the blood as a paint. He's a terrific painter ma'am, but sir's mind is fragile. He screams and points to the outside, "WOLF! WOLF! WOLF!". In a fit of rage if he's not careful. ". The valet spoke of his lordship, pouring some more tea in the cup as the candles flickered and the warm heat pressed your face. "So that's what I heard earlier? And did you say? He tore out his eyes...?". The valet nodded, "Yes, very much like Oedipus in Greek mythology. ". You heard him speak of it, confused as you were, you found it fascinating, you heard something, a male walking around the hallway on the top floor, footsteps of leather boots, you could hear humming, and tapping of the walls. "Is that him?". You ask, the male nodded, "Yes, that'll be sir Weller, he's well, interesting. But very intelligent. ". You continued to look at the painting, it's like its eyes followed you. "Oh Miss L/N, sir suggested that you should stay here until the weather clears up, or for as long as you need.". You became sleepy, "Oh! But I have a family back in the village...". The valet smiled, "I know Miss, but it's from his best interest.. There hasn't been a woman in the house in the last 5 years, not after what happened to Lady Deanna.". You sigh, hearing him speak, he noticed how tired you were, you had run so far.

"Come. ".

He walked out the library with you, you quickly followed him, towards to doorway upstairs, there was a spare bedroom, it was on the 3rd floor, it had a large window which let in the moonlight, small candles lit up the area, a sliver hairbrush relaxed on a table, perfume from the likes of France and Italy on the table too, a small gold edged mirror with it's handle also there, a book was opened, it was a hair styling book of the year of 1850, a drawing was the cover, the name of the author and the owner, Miss Deanna Catherine Lee Weller, his former wife. "Was this her room?". You asked politely, the valet nodded, "Yes for a while, until they married, they shared the master bedroom, after she died, he became alone, afraid and unstable. He isolated himself from the outside world, causing his madness to shed.". The male pulled down another curtain, it was another version of that painting of that woman he mentioned. You looked so similar to her, it made you gasp, "You look like her Miss, I know that sounds insane to believe. ". You turned to painting her, then to him, "I do....don't I?". You sadly smiled though, feeling the guilt. The male passed you some night clothes, it was her ladyship's former nightgown, "Here Miss, your night attire. ". You turned around, seeing the gown held in his hand.

「REFERENCE TO THAT GOWN」

It was beautiful,pure and elegant, hand stitched in the finest silk and cloth, it was smooth to the touch of its emblazoned fabric , you quickly went to get changed, Talbot closing the door behind you so you could. After a while you came out, the nightgown reached your toes, "Please take a seat Miss and look in the mirror please. ". You did so, looking into the mirror, he held the hairbrush in his hand, his other hand balancing your neck, "This may pull a little bit Miss, but I promise not to hurt you. ". He began to brush your hair into a simple and modern of the period style, looking into the mirror, blowing it every so often, he placed the brush down, picking up a little glass bottle of an essential oils, he opened the bottle and placed the lid down, it smelt of cinnamon and lavender, you smelt it, it smelt lovely, you never smelt anything like it before, just like the tea earlier. You felt relaxed as he rubbed into your head of hair with a cloth, letting the soft fragrance go through, you were very relaxed, "Miss, would you like some perfume for the night?". You looked at Talbot, and nodded in confusion. He picked some bottles, "This is rosemary, delicate but with a hint of spice. This one is violet and lemon oil. And our last choice Miss, bergamot infused with the latest herbal remedies. His lordship's personal favourite.". You thought for a moment then chose the [You get to decide, reader]. You fell sleepy, "Ah, time for bed Miss. Come along. ". You walked to the bed, Talbot helping you, "Thank you Mr. Talbot. ". The male smiled, blowing out the candle, "Goodnight Miss L/N. Breakfast will be served by the bedside at 6:30. Our cook Stephen will do his best for you. Bright and early!". He spoke before he walked out the room, leaving you to sleep, you looked out the window, hearing the patter of raindrops, right before you yawned and fell asleep and that oversized bed,

Returning downstairs, he walked back to the library, where his lordship sat in a chair, relaxed and hummed and as he painted, his blood in the pot, mixing it with the coal, Talbot holding his pot for him, the Lord of the manor looked out the window, he couldn't see it, but he felt it, painting the rainy outside world to his imagination, "Goodnight dear. My darling Deanna has returned to me.". The male spoke, his voice soft yet formal, the valet had an edge of concern, "It's not her sir..you should know that ...Miss Deanna has been dead for five years.....since...well...". The other banged his head on his easel and his hand on the table, before drinking some wine from Portugal..only...to help clear his head, "I know she's dead Talbot...!". Blood streamed like tears, he turned his head up to painting his former wife, yet he could no longer see her. "I'm so sorry my darling....".

"...Deanna....".