The Hanging Gardens Chapter 14 [Prequel Chapter]

1844- May

[We fully met Lord Bruce Douglas Foxton and Lady Patricia Foxton, [Lady Foxton is a American actress in this universe as in a real life, Pat was a American news presenter and record label owner until her death. In this AU, this is when his wife Patricia was diagnosed with an incurable disease. And by the way, that is also a reference to real life too. Bruce lost his first wife Pat in 2009 after 24 years together after a long battle with her condition.

And another song using a Fiction Factory song]

The male sat outside, his wife with him, he was creating something, a doll? He looked at it, looking at his wife also, he was trying to get the details right, he sighed, looking at her, putting the hammer down, "Are you alright Patricia? You seem awfully tired but so restless.". The lady smiled softly at him, "Of course I'm alright. Don't be so silly. ". She laughed, her eyes twitching slightly, she felt off, she fell forward as she tried to grab something, trying to get up, she fell flat on the floor, he dropped the doll, causing it to break and shatter. "Patricia! Wake up!". He grabbed her and picked her up, placing her in his chair, holding her hands, he held her close, he was panicking. "LOOK AT ME!". She looked at him, "Ah...my...head.". Their two boys looked at their mother and father, "Mummy!". His youngest hugged his mother, "Please my child..do not....tumult....". She held her head, she fell faint again as she hugged her child. Taking them back inside, she lay in their bed , and once inside a diagnosis was made from his doctor.

"Is she alright Derek?". The Inventor asked his doctor, the doctor sighed softly, she was tired, very tired, "She has been diagnosed with an incurable disease when she had delivered the children. It's rare but it will eventually kill her... I'm so sorry...". Bruce looked at him and sighed, looking at Patricia now, "Oh darling...darling...". He began to cry, "I can't live without you!". Going to her side and crying.

[A few months and years had passed since then]

1849-June

"Bruce...?". Patricia spoke softly, looking into her husband's eyes, he hummed and turned to face her, "Are you alright my dear?". She shook her head sadly, their young teenage children came through, sad to say the least, "LET ME BE WITH YOUR MOTHER PLEASE!". Patricia sighed and coughed, "Bruce...let them stay, please,...please children go sit with your father, he will read to you...". Bruce looked at her and softly sighed, sitting in a chair, reading, their two sons a story as they sat by him, they drifted off to sleep, yawning a bit.

A few hours had passed since Bruce had finished his story, Patricia smiled weakly at them all before nodding off herself, before everyone else knew. Bruce looked at her,sadly agreeing, placing their children down to sleep.

She was gone.

"Patricia?". He moved her hair, she was gone, he began to brush her hair, "Come...on....don't do this to me.". He began to cry before leaning on her and crying..

"PATRICIA!". He shouted, full of delusion and sadness. He wasn't afraid anymore. He got used to it already.