THREE - the beginning of the end

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The emergency announcement blared loudly through the TV, discussing a virus causing cannibalistic behavior.

"What the hell?" Xio exclaimed, jolted awake by the loud TV anchor.

"I can't deal with these Americans and their nonsense," Odessa complained.

"We should leave the city," Javi suggested.

"But they told us to stay," Glenn hesitated.

"They want us all in one place so they can kill us," Javi insisted.

"Kill us? What do you mean, Papi?" Odessa questioned.

"Just grab a bag with clothes and snacks. We need to get out of the city before it gets too crowded," Javi instructed.

"Okay," Odessa agreed.

"Let's go," Xio urged.

They entered their room, and Odessa emptied her duffel bag, packing only the essentials.

"Odessa, we'll be fine, you know that, right?" Xio reassured, pulling her into a hug.

"Yeah, I just have a bad feeling about this," Odessa replied uncertainly.

"We'll be fine. They'll have everything under control in a week," Xio reassured herself as much as Odessa.

"Vamos Mijas, let's go!" Javi called from the living room.

"We're coming," Odessa responded, zipping up her bag. They walked out of the room, unaware it would be their last time seeing it.

In the living room, Glenn had his bag over his shoulder, and Javi stood by the door with his bag in hand.

"Come on, let's go," Javi urged, opening the door. They left the small apartment and entered the lobby.

"I parked my car across the street, by the bakery. It's about a 5-minute walk if that's okay," Glenn explained.

"Why did you park so far away?" Odessa groaned.

"That was the only parking space I didn't have to pay for," Glenn replied, rolling his eyes.

"Whatever," Odessa dismissed.

"Come on, kids, let's go," Javi said.

Xiomara and Odessa held hands as they embarked on their long journey to the car.

"You know, I wonder if Tío Tomas is still in jail," Xiomara pondered.

"Who is that?" Odessa asked, wearing a confused expression.

"Don't you remember, Papí's..." Xiomara was interrupted by the sound of groaning from a woman approaching them. The woman's clothes were torn, and she gnashed her teeth as if trying to eat something.

"Stay back, girls," Javi instructed, stepping in front of them and forcefully knocking the woman down.

"Papi!" Xiomara shrieked.

Javi looked back at his daughters and sighed. "We need to keep moving, okay?"

They continued in silence until Xio finally spoke up, "So, are we just going to ignore what happened?"

"Yes," Glenn and Odessa replied simultaneously.

Nobody spoke until they reached the car. "I'll drive," Javi grunted, and Glenn tossed him the keys. Xiomara placed her luggage in the trunk started making her way the back seat. Javi helped Odessa and Glenn fit their bags into the cramped car, the atmosphere uncomfortable.

Suddenly, a scream pierced the air. Odessa turned towards the noise, and her heart sank.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

authors note:
-predictions???
-theirs also some foreshadowing in this chapter so 🤫
-im in my active era so as a birthday gift to myself chapters 4 and 5 will be out sometime this week

-hope you enjoyed mls

-thinking abt doing a face reveal but idk yet 🤫

also, rip angus cloud i loved seeing you on screen and off screen. prayers sent to everyone who knew him and all his family ☹️

xoxo,
cay