TEN - found //pt.2

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Where's Xio?" Glenn asked.

"She... um, she's at the hospital," Javier replied, avoiding eye contact.

"Why isn't she with you?" Glenn's confused tone revealed his struggle to accept the truth.

"She... um, she didn't make it."

"What? No, no! You said she'd be okay! You said that she'd-"

"I'm sorry," Javier interrupted, tears filling his eyes as he looked at his only son. "I'm so, so sorry."

Glenn stood there, tears slowly forming in his eyes. He didn't know what to do or what to say. Even though he wasn't related to Xio, he loved her as if she were his own sister.

"I... What happened?" Glenn managed to say, his words jumbled as he swallowed down the rest of his tears.

"Don't worry about that now. Where's Des?"

Before Glenn could come up with an answer, Shane, the group's cop, approached them. "Okay, let's break up this little reunion. Who are you, and how did you find us?"

Glenn looked at him, shocked. He had told him multiple times what had happened and how he was waiting for his father to arrive at the camp after they lost each other.

"I told you what happened. What are you talking about, Shane?"

"I'm just making sure there are no problems," Shane replied, his attitude starting to show. Javier spoke up, saying, "Hey, it's all good. We just lost each other, and he had told me he was here." As he made this statement, an older man with a khaki hat came into view. "Shane, leave him alone. It's late, and we all just want to go to sleep. We can deal with this stuff in the morning."

Shane looked around. "I suppose this can wait until tomorrow," he said in his thick accent before turning back to Glenn and Javier and walking off. "These people aren't very... friendly, are they?" Javier remarked.

"Some of them, like Dale and a few others," Glenn replied, trying to convince him. "Uh-huh," Javier said, giving Glenn a skeptical look. "Let's just go to sleep and get you settled. We'll worry about everything in the morning." "Okay, but seriously, where's Des?" Glenn expressed his growing concern for his daughter's whereabouts.

"She's fine. She's in a tent with some of the other girls." That's when Glenn realized he had messed up. Why would Odessa be with people she barely knew, let alone sleep with them?
Javier was growing suspicious. He knew his daughter well, and he was certain she wouldn't be in a tent with other people, especially if they were her age.

"Cut the bullshit," Javier said firmly. "Where is she?"

"Look, I'll tell you tomorrow, okay? Just settle in and try to get some rest."