SIX - regrets

      .・。.・゜.・゜・。.

As Odessa startled, a woman with flowing brown hair tapped on the car window, motioning for her to roll it down. Hesitant, Odessa complied, and the older woman initiated the conversation with a warm greeting, "Hi, sweetie. I just wanted to check on you and make sure you're okay. It seems like you're here all by yourself."

"Oh... um," Odessa stammered, her lack of social skills evident. Desperate to escape the situation, she did the exact opposite of what her father had advised.

"Um... no Inglés," she replied, putting on her heavy accent hoping to deter further conversation.

"Oh... I see. Well, if you need anything, I'll be in that car over there with the boy and the man," the woman responded, pointing towards a nearby vehicle. Odessa awkwardly smiled and gave a thumbs-up in response.

As the woman walked away, Odessa let out a sigh and rolled her eyes. She returned her gaze to the cityscape outside the window. After about five minutes of trying to take in the view, fatigue washed over her, and she realized how exhausted she felt. Leaning back, she closed her eyes, temporarily forgetting her troubles... at least for now.

     .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

As Javier walked out of the hospital, he reflected on the events that had transpired in the past hour and the difficult decision he had to make - to kill Xiomara, his daughter. She was his beloved Xio, his baby girl, the light of his life. Memories flooded his mind as he recalled the day she was born, holding her delicately, fearful of causing her harm with even the slightest roughness. He was reminded of the moment her mother left, and how he, burdened by his own problems, abandoned her. His problems had inflicted so much pain and trauma upon his children.

He deeply regretted not being present during his daughter's childhood. She had been placed in a group home, struggling to survive at such a tender age, while he wasted away on the streets, lost in his own self-destructive habits. And there was Odessa, who had been sent to live with her uncle and endured terrible treatment. She still remains silent about the details of those days.

How could he, the supposed protector of his daughters, have caused them such immense pain and suffering?

As he gazed at the hospital one last time, a tear trickled down his cheek, encapsulating countless moments that now exist only as memories.

      .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

authors note:
this is short and rushed but i hope you enjoyed it.

alsooo would yall like a flashback chapter and dig into javi's, dessas, and xio's past???

also BIG ty to literallylucille for making the new cover and just being a bigbiggg supporter. ilysm 💗💗💗

also go read my poems book xx

xoxo,
cay💗