SEVEN - bracelets

be ready xx

be ready xx

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Odessa woke up to the sound of a car door opening. It was her brother, Glenn. Surprisingly, he had a calm facial expression as he approached her.

"Hey, Des," he said softly, "are you up?"

"No," Odessa replied, her voice groggy from sleep.

"Oh," Glenn responded, "but you just responded to me."

Odessa hummed, her irritation evident. "Glenn," she sighed.

"Hmm?" Glenn questioned, waiting for her to continue.

"Shut the fuck up," Odessa snapped, her frustration seeping through.

Glenn's expression shifted slightly, taken aback by her sharp words. "Oh," he simply replied.

"But are you hungry? The lady, Carol, offered some food," Glenn asked, trying to change the subject.

Odessa pondered for a moment. Taking food from a stranger didn't seem safe, but she was starving. Besides, it was about time to take her medicine, and she didn't want to be moody for the rest of the day.

She sighed, finally giving in. "Sure, I guess."

"Okay," Glenn acknowledged. "I'll be back."

As Glenn left, Odessa stepped out of the car and made her way to the now open trunk. She surveyed the assortment of items inside—her bags, her father's bags, and Glenn's bags.

Xio's bag.

The thought of her sister made her stomach churn. Odessa couldn't help but feel an overwhelming rush of memories flood her mind—the laughter, the tears, the arguments. No matter what, she would always love her sister.

Wiping away her tears, Odessa gathered everything she would need, including Xio's bracelets. She slid them onto her wrist, feeling a bittersweet connection to her sister. With a heavy heart, she closed the trunk, only to notice something wet on it. A grimace formed on her face as she examined the substance—it was a blood smear, her sister's blood.

Closing her eyes, Odessa took a deep breath, trying to compose herself. She walked away from the trunk, carrying the weight of her sister's absence with her.

Odessa made her way towards where Glenn and "Carol" were standing. As she approached, Glenn greeted her with his bright smile. "Hey, Des, this is Carol and Sophia," he introduced.

They sat in an awkward silence for a moment until Odessa, following her usual pattern, switched to her heavy accent and said, "Oh, erm, thank you? My, uh, my English isn't very good."

Glenn looked at her, slightly perplexed. "Oh, it's okay, honey. We're happy to help. Enjoy your food," Carol reassured her with a warm smile.

Odessa smiled back gratefully and took the food. She made her way back to the car and started eating, ensuring to swallow her pills along with the meal.

As she finished up her food, she heard screams that jolted her back to a haunting memory—her sister's screams. She would never forget the gut-wrenching sound her sister had emitted.

Curiosity mingled with fear as she peered out of the car window and saw dozens of deformed figures approaching. Her heart raced, and she quickly got out of the car, frantically searching for Glenn. There he was, sitting in Carol's car, his face filled with panic. He mouthed the words, "Hide," and pointed underneath the car.

As Odessa processed the gravity of the situation, the walkers drew closer and closer. Suddenly, a searing pain shot through her arm, causing her to let out a piercing scream. When she looked down, she saw one of the creatures sinking its teeth into her flesh. Panic surged within her, and without a second thought, she did the only thing that came to mind—she ran.

authors note:
no more writers block‼️

-who wants to be on my dt list???

hope u enjoyed, more updates coming soon💗

xoxo,
cay😻‼️