Chapter 1: Auroras bay

Walter walked through Meadowbrook village, the sun was shining bright throughout the land and he was engaged with plenty of greetings and 'good mornings. As he walked down the cobblestone road past all of the small wooden shops until he reached the one located at the very end of the street. The shop sign read;

PATRICKS POTIONS + IANS INGREDIENTS - FOR ALL YOUR MAGICAL POTION SUPPLIES AND PLANTING NEEDS!

The shop was a wooden hut about double the size of most of the cottages the village had. In the front window sat a cauldron on display that was bubbling. On the floor next to it were hot huge glowing blue and pink berries.

Walter walked into the shop. He was greeted by Patrick behind the counter. Patrick was a skinny man with a thick black moustache and a bald head. He wore green robes that matched the colour of most of the plants inside the shop.
Patrick looked up at Walter.

"Ah sir Walter. How are you?" Patrick asked with a friendly smile.

"Not so bad thank you. and please just call me Walter. Kinda makes me feel old when you say that." Patrick replied while admiring some rather strange small red cacti on the counter that seemed to move around.
"Anyways my father told me i had to collect some supplies from here."

"Yes very good. Let me just get my brother, ye deals with all of the ingredients, whereas I'm the master of the mixing. Speaking of which would you be interested in some sleep deprivation potion. From what i hear from your father, you love a nap just a little too much."

Walter rolled his eyes.
"He's always mentioned it but I'm fine thanks. How does the potion even work?"

"Its rather simple actually, you know some of those everlasting colour changing butterflies you get down at auroras bay. Those wings carry the magical properties in order to not require sleep for w whole 24 hours very useful for those working long shifts over at the blacksmiths forge. The other ingredients are rather had to come by though. The tongue of a Braxton Bull and tooth of a Crater Cat are nor so easily found throughout this village. Only the fierce forest holds such creatures but we only hire specially trained hunters for those." Patrick explained.

"What about the Goliaths that camp within the forest? Aren't there many death's are injuries."
Walter asked.

"Its not so common these days. The Goliaths choose the most secluded spots away from the wildlife but the king does advise caution. To be honest though we had more problems with the wildlife, we have obtained several injuries but nothing that can't be fixed with a good elixir of life potion. Anyways ill go get my brother for you, he will be in the back watering the plants. Feel free to browse our wonders while you wait." Cheered Patrick before walking away behind the counter.

Walter took a long look around, each time he entered this shop there was always something different and more unique each time. Walter observed the section by the window that read;

NEW POTIONS/DEALS ADDED THIS WEEK

SLEEP DEPRIVATION UPGRADE ULTIMATE PACK X5 - ONLY 100 GOLD COINS!

ANTIDOTE TO BRAXTON BULL BITES! NEWLY MADE! - 25 GOLD COINS FOR 1 OR 5 FOR 100

MIRKY MUDCRAB REPELLANT FOR TROPICAL EXPLORERS! - ONLY 15 GOLD FOR A SMALL VIAL!
AVERAGE SIZE FLASK - 25 GOLD COINS

'Interesting!' Walter thought. He had never got to explore much outside of Meadowbrook village. He had never seen a Mirky Mudcrab, they were ginormous crabs that had the ability to blend in colour with sand and sea alike and would often grab unexpected visitors and drag them beneath the swirling sea for lunch.

Patrick returned with a small lockbox that fiited in his right hand.

"Your fathers got the key to this box, he specifically requested it. Also he said you might be able to help me with a job." Patrick said as he handed Walter the box.

"Yeah he wrote it as my first chore on my note, to collect these supplies and help you out with a job."

"Right excellent. Yes! Make sure you drop that box home first. I must ask you of a task ans its nothing to daring. I need you to go to to that beautiful lake, Aurora bay. Where the colour changing butterflies glow and the water glistens amazing reflections. Ah good times there when i was a mere child." Patrick said in a cheery daze.

"Okay Aurora bay, got it. But what do i need to go for?" Walter asked.

"We need some ingredients. Im too busy with the shop and Ian hasn't stepped foot there since his bad experiences. I wont go into detail. Look its simple all you need to do is get me a dash of water from the lake using this small pale ill give you, pick ten FurryBerry flowers and six BeanBerries." Patrick explained handing him the small pale.

"Ah a trip to the bay. Ive had some good times over there myself, it is the wonder of this small little village."

"Ah been over there with Norah have you?" Patrick grinned.
"Your father tells me things you know."

"He's got a loud mouth, thats for sure. Ill go right away Sir."

"Thats great. Ill let your father know how you get on. Great attitude and manners cost nothing remember."

Walter dropped the lockbox off at home and made his way to Aurora Bay. It wasn't a far walk it was only fifteen minutes away from his home.

Aurora Bay was truly stunning, a huge set of water in the middle glistened bright from the reflection of the sunshine. Many small palm trees surrounded the area, with many fine and mysterious plants within the bushes. The fields were emerald green and many of the fish happily hopped out and back into the lake. It had a little picnic area with many rocks and benches were the villagers often had picnics. Every villager loved a trip down here but none more than Walters late night visit with Norah.