Nightly Live | part 2

When you arrived back at your room that evening, the first thing you checked was your feet. "I hope I didn't get any blisters." you silently prayed, only to sigh in relief once you discovered that your heels had survived another day. "Well, it's time to stream." of course it was, since it was eight in the evening.

You always wondered why idol agencies required livestreams, but you assumed that it was probably for more exposure. After all, every piece of advice that you learnt as a trainee was geared to steer you onto a path of fame, wealth, and accomplishment. "All right, let's set this up!"

"Adjusting camera.." you said to yourself, as the cold breeze from your air conditioning flowed against your back, spreading goosebumps wherever it touched. "Now, we're on." 

Since you were the latest addition to the group, you hadn't established much of a dedicated fanbase yet. But you didn't really mind, at least, not now. Besides, majority of people had already chosen their favorite members, so it was guaranteed to be a hard start. As long as your following increased eventually, right?

Contradictorily, as soon as you went live, a viewer popped into the stream. "Welcome, welcome!" you greeted cheerfully, before you stared into the lens of your phone and double-checked how your background appeared. Everything was in the right spot, thankfully, and nothing personal or private was showing.

The lighting in your room was dim, so you had bought a lamp for your desk. "Gloomurai." you read the viewer's username in your head, as you squinted your eyes and watched the chat to see if they would say anything. But they were silent, even as the minutes passed. It felt like being watched by a hawk.

"Should I say something? Or maybe I could pretend that I'm not paying attention?" you averted your eyes away from the screen, as you desperately peered around your desk in search for some gadget to occupy your hands with. "Maybe if I don't pay attention, then they'll type something? Hopefully?"

"Ding!"

".. Oh? Thank you for the rose! I didn't know they added that feature." thankfully, more viewers were joining- viewers that would actually talk. They sent gifts like fake roses, and they put funny filters on your face through online transactions. It wasn't much, but at least you were accumulating some sort of profit.

Then, questions began to pile in. It started with innocent song requests, then amateur voice acting, until it eventually reached the creepiness level of asking to eat on stream. You checked the clock, and you were relieved to see that the duration of the stream had already passed the minimum requirement of time needed for tonight.

"Some of these requests are seriously creeping me out.." you thought to yourself, as you scrolled down the decently sized list. Then, to break the silence, and also to hopefully escape, "All right, everyone. It was really fun streaming tonight, but I'm getting tired. And I have rehearsal tomorrow! So I need to rest up for that-"

. . .

What was that? You had never heard that sound effect before. "Huh?" you accidentally said out loud, although you instinctively kept your words quiet.

"Gloomurai donated $100!" large donations like these always came with a personal message, one that would be broadcasted out loud to everyone on the stream. You always wondered what was so valuable about that message. After all, it only lasted for a few seconds, and yet people were so eager to play it.

You stopped talking, as you waited for Gloomurai's message to play. It was short and sweet, and the question they asked wasn't abnormal at all. "Why did you become an idol?" it really made you think, too. You knew it was probably some gimmick to make you stream for longer, but no one had asked you this before.

So you explained. From your childhood, to your awkward middle school and highschool years, basically everything that led up to becoming a trainee and eventually an idol. The amount of time you had spent talking about it only hit you once you had finished, causing your cheeks to flush red. "Sorry, that was a lot, wasn't it?" you giggled.

"But I hope I answered your question." you smiled into the camera, and it was a real one too.

"Ding!"

Another virtual rose was sent, and this time it was from the same viewer, Gloomurai. Everything around you paused for a moment, as if time had been interrupted. You weren't sure why it all stopped, so you took a minute to breathe. "Wow.. The first person to join, and now the one with the largest donation. How weird." your thoughts were lighthearted, of course.

In an attempt to escape the awkwardness, you examined your surroundings, despite them already being familiar to you. After becoming an idol, you had to move into the dorms at your agency. The room was a decent size, and you had filled it with your personal belongings from home. But your favorite spot was right here at your desk.

Though, after ending the stream for the night, you slowly walked over to your bed and crawled under the many layers of blankets. "Being an idol is hard work. I mean, how will I ever get used to this kind of life? I'll rack up the experience eventually, but for now.. It's something new." you stared up at the ceiling of your bedroom.

Then, the marked calendar that was hanging on your wall caught your eye. There was a special date, circled over and over again in red marker. "I guess I'll see at the concert." you murmured. And soon, the images of the stage, uncomfortable outfits, and more tight shoes cluttered your mind. You smiled, although you didn't intend to.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

authors note: i hope this part was fine for everyone. when i wrote it a few days ago, i remember not liking it all that much. but i hope it turned out okay :) the beginning of stories are always the hardest for me to write, because i just wanna jump into all the crazy stuff immediately.

Q&A
1. who is Gloomurai?
- this is Idia! he canonically goes by "Gloomurai" online.

2. what platform is (y/n) streaming on?
- so, this is kind of a random question, but i wanted to talk about it. i took inspiration from twitch and instagram, but let's just say that the platform (y/n) is specifically streaming on is entirely different.

3. does (y/n) think that "Gloomurai" is creepy?
- right now, probably not, because they have no idea who he is. yes, (y/n) did meet idia, but they never learnt his name. they also don't know anything about him. to (y/n), as of part 2, idia is just some random fan.

thank you so much!!

8/4/2023 2:46 AM