The Topic of Trust | part 15

After leaving the station, the two of you wandered back out into the darkness of the night. Truth be told, you had never asked Idia if he lived with anyone. But you followed the directions to his apartment anyway, praying that if he did have a roommate, they wouldn't blow your cover. "It's colder now." you noticed, because your outfit was no longer enough to keep you warm.

The street where he stayed at was almost pitch black, only illuminated by a flickering streetlight a few blocks ahead. "This is the place, huh?" your eyes peered up at the building, which was still in good condition. There was a small garden in the front, decorated with iron fences and trimmed bushes. Despite it being in the middle of the city's wealthy district, you couldn't help but feel.. strange

It was like walking blindly into the mouth of a beast. When you finally stepped into his apartment, you drew back in fear. Of course, Idia was too exhausted to even react. "I can't see anything." you thought, hesitant to close the door behind you. "Maybe this is a mistake." the realization had hit- that Idia was just a fan. A stranger, whom you had followed into their home.

There was a heavy lump in your throat, and no matter how many times you swallowed, it wouldn't go away. Could you even walk anymore? Take a step forward.

"Let me go.. prepare you some water." you hoped that the kitchen wasn't too far away, and you turned on your phone flashlight to find it. Suddenly, the static sound from the television in the living room played. The screen provided the room with some light, but not enough for you to see clearly. "What am I doing? I need to get out of here!-"

"(Y/N)?" his weak voice suddenly touched your ears, instantly making you turn around. Please, don't come any closer. "It's almost four in the morning. You should really head back now.. I don't want you to get in trouble."

The tap water spilled out from the rim of the cup, as you locked your eyes onto the boy, too scared to take them off. But this time, it wasn't to admire him, and instead to watch his every move. "Will you be okay though?" you asked in a flat tone. "Just have some water." you held out the glass, which he took and sipped from.

"You got tired so abruptly, so I'm a little worried." if he hasn't done anything by now, then hopefully that means you're in the clear? He rubbed the back of his neck out of embarrassment, staring down at the hardwood floor. For now, you'll trust him, because you'd be lying to yourself if you said that you didn't want to. "Maybe you should lie down?"

He nodded his head, before he wandered back into the living room, to which you followed behind. You took a moment to close the door, and you breathed deeply in hopes of calming your senses. The fear was still there, but it was leaving just as fast as it came. Finally, you took a seat beside him on the couch.

Quiet voices rang out of the television screen, which was still busy emitting blue rays of light. There was a show playing- it had been left on all night. "Is this a cartoon?" you asked the boy, who was lying on his side and resting his head. "It's been a while since I've seen one." it wasn't banned or anything, but you just no longer had the time.

In secret, you grabbed your phone and set an alarm. "I'll leave at five." you thought to yourself, knowing that Idia would probably be passed out by then. Then, you set down your device, letting it rest atop the black coffee table. "Huh? Is that a photo card?" something shiny and rectangular stood out from the corner of your eye.

"It's of me.." this particular one was also from months ago. Was that perfume you could smell on it..? "How did he find out about this scent? I've used this exact fragrance before." perhaps not thinking about it was the best thing to do.

You glanced back at the boy, who just as expected, was sleeping peacefully, then once more to the TV. The cartoon on screen had bright pops of color all over it, and the theme seemed to be centered around catching creatures called "Pokémon." Was this a show he liked? You couldn't deny it- he was totally the type to enjoy this kind of thing.

In that moment, it was like you had been possessed, for you spent the next twenty minutes preparing water, food, and whatever object that could be used as a blanket. "I'm only doing this because he lives all alone." you silently argued with the voice in your head, which was yelling at you to stop and leave. "Who else is going to take care of him?"

You lifted the blanket over his lanky figure, watching how it descended like a soft sheet of snow. "There." you said with a hint of accomplishment in your voice. The next task you had to focus on was breaking your gaze. But that proved to be more difficult than you expected.

Your hand extended itself forward, and you tried to convince yourself that it was all out of your control. "Just so that his bangs don't get in the way." you brushed them out of his face, revealing his pink cheeks. His skin was dewy and clear, but he didn't seem like the kind to regularly practice skincare. "Jeez.. You and your good genetics." why were you giggling? Nothing about it was funny.

"Food and water is also check." you had left both of them on the table, as you knelt down on the floor right beside the couch. Your hand still lingered on his head, no longer moving with a goal in mind. "I wonder if this is his natural color? It has to be." you gently stroked the hair near his face, twirling the long strands of sapphire around your fingertips. "It's soft.."

Before you knew it, your alarm was ringing.
Time to go.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒
authors note: hello!! do i have any thoughts about this part? i don't really know, but man i gotta brainstorm 😭 i hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. all the support makes me really happy!

Q&A (but i have no idea what questions to ask..)
1. why is idia so exhausted?
- pretty sure i answered this before, but after writing this part i'll add more to it. poor guy probably hasn't slept in a while, also his lifestyle is just pretty bad in general. i'll explain it more in the future

2. does y/n really not trust idia?
- realistically and probably, no. they're pretty conflicted, i mean, did you see how scared they were when they got to the apartment? who knows what they'll do now to be honest?

thank you so much for reading! also, i just want to give you all a heads-up that as of 2 minutes ago i kind of got the idea to add some angst to this story. so you'll probably see more of that in future parts :)

8/14/2023 (my first day of school oh no..)
1:21 AM